Velocity Reviews

-   -   Gateway to Gateway Tunnel (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t543674-gateway-to-gateway-tunnel.html)

mercilessmike 10-11-2007 08:35 PM

I am trying to establish a Gateway to Gateway tunnel. Easy enough except that one end is on ISDN (Cisco 1700) that cannot get a static IP. I thought of Dynamic DNS but that would "ping" the internet and cause the ISDN to connect. At $0.04 a minute, that would not be good.
What I need is to connect remote office (ISDN) to HQ (Static IP) on demand. I thought of setting up HQ as PPTP server, and setting the all 0's route to the PPTP client. In tests, this didn't work.
Any suggestions?