Velocity Reviews

-   -   windows security alert. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t543271-windows-security-alert.html)

Oom 10-10-2007 12:07 PM

windows security alert.

Hi,

some of the time windows shows alert box when opening some of the app.
and displays,

To protect your system, windows has blocked some of the services.
do you want to keep blocking the service.
>yes, No, Ask me later.

its a genuine app. only (nero show time)

1 what it means?
2 is it advisable to block services/programs ?
3 In general what should we do at this circumstance?

Let us know about this.

tiakrista 10-10-2007 01:15 PM

Re: windows security alert.

On Oct 10, 5:07 am, Oom <chatg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> some of the time windows shows alert box when opening some of the app.
> and displays,
>
> To protect your system, windows has blocked some of the services.
> do you want to keep blocking the service.
>
> >yes, No, Ask me later.

> its a genuine app. only (nero show time)
>
> 1 what it means?
> 2 is it advisable to block services/programs ?
> 3 In general what should we do at this circumstance?
>
> Let us know about this.

Please do not block my emails to the chronic pain group nor the
messages of the chronic pain group
thanks Karen L Simon

Old Gringo 10-10-2007 01:33 PM

Re: windows security alert.

On Or About Wed, 10 Oct 2007 12:07:25 -0000, Without Any Hesitation
Or Thinking Twice, Oom Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote The

> Hi,
>
> some of the time windows shows alert box when opening some of the app.
> and displays,
>
> To protect your system, windows has blocked some of the services.
> do you want to keep blocking the service.
>>yes, No, Ask me later.

> its a genuine app. only (nero show time)
>
> 1 what it means?
> 2 is it advisable to block services/programs ?
> 3 In general what should we do at this circumstance?
>
> Let us know about this.

Most applications like to communicate with their home base for
updates etc, MS has blocked this feature.
Unblocking, Optional.
If you trust the company, allow, if not, do not allow.
Good Luck.

--
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

Oom 10-11-2007 06:12 PM

Re: windows security alert.

On Oct 10, 5:07 pm, Oom <chatg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> some of the time windows shows alert box when opening some of the app.
> and displays,
>
> To protect your system, windows has blocked some of the services.
> do you want to keep blocking the service.
>
> >yes, No, Ask me later.

> its a genuine app. only (nero show time)
>
> 1 what it means?
> 2 is it advisable to block services/programs ?
> 3 In general what should we do at this circumstance?
>
> Let us know about this.

Hi Old Gringo ,

I just want to be very sure about blocking a service, and to prevent
any unknown cause. that's why i post about to clear the doubt.

can you make a decision/right solution about thinking a problem
twice... U can only judge, you'd come to know only when you come
across the problem.

I think you do subscribe this group for support and help.

Regards,
Oom

Marillena Köppel 10-12-2007 09:06 PM

Re: windows security alert.

you should declare that program as notavirus i think

look into windows manual for clues