Velocity Reviews

-   -   X icon on network connection (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t54281-x-icon-on-network-connection.html)

=?Utf-8?B?R3V5?= 01-22-2006 07:27 PM

X icon on network connection

I'm trying to fix my wireless laptop connection, it used to work fine and
have'nt made any changes. My connections show a red X on them (which would
mean they're disabled) but when I highlight the wireless connection, on the
left panel menu there is the text "disable this connection", it should show
"enable this connection". When I click on "disable this connection" the red X
on the connection disapears.
I cannot connect to anything and occasionally a balloon will pop up to say
"limited or no connection".
My son used my laptop to connect to "MYSPACE" without having Virus
Protection enabled and after that I keep getting a popup window from
"WinFixer" a PC Scanning repair site and wanting to scan my computer for
errors. After working to get rid of this pop-up everytime Explorer opened
this problem started.