Velocity Reviews

-   -   creating a network setup disk (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t5428-creating-a-network-setup-disk.html)

=?Utf-8?B?c3dtYmlrcnVu?= 01-11-2005 07:19 AM

creating a network setup disk

My network setup wizard requires me to use a network setup disc on my desk
top because it uses windows 2000. I have to make one from my lap top because
it uses XP and then I use it on my desk top to complete the networking for my
two computers. However, it has a default that looks for a floppy drive. I
don't have a floppy drive. Can I not get the wizard to recognize the CD in
the CD writer in order to make the Network Setup disc?

=?Utf-8?B?SHVnaA==?= 01-11-2005 11:01 AM

RE: creating a network setup disk

From the XP Help file:
"To configure other computers on your network using the CD
If you are running the Network Setup Wizard on Windows XP, you must be
logged on as an administrator to complete this procedure.

Insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into the computer that you want to connect to
your home or small office network.
Click Perform additional tasks.
Click Set up a home or small office network."

=?Utf-8?B?c3dtYmlrcnVu?= 01-11-2005 04:47 PM

RE: creating a network setup disk

Unfortunately I have an Acer that comes with pre-loaded XP with a recovery
disk. I don't have a disk that would be labled "Windows XP"

Malke 01-11-2005 07:16 PM

swmbikrun wrote:

> Unfortunately I have an Acer that comes with pre-loaded XP with a
> recovery
> disk. I don't have a disk that would be labled "Windows XP"

You don't need to use the setup disk to set up a network; there's no
reason you can't do it manually. Post back with what your network is
(cable/dsl, dialup, router, etc.) and we'll help you with the network
settings for Win2k.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers

mikeFNB 01-11-2005 10:16 PM

Re: creating a network setup disk

you do not need the network setup disc for any windows systems with XP
regardless!
esp win2k.

follow:

http://www.careyholzman.com/