Velocity Reviews

-   -   FF cursor focus (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t542418-ff-cursor-focus.html)

Steve IA 10-06-2007 12:18 PM

FF cursor focus

When opening pages such as Search engines (dogpile, yahoo, ask, google) with
FF 2.0.0.7, the cursor is not in the text box as I would expect. I have to
mouse click on the box before starting to type. I tested this using IE 7 and
all the above mentioned sites place the cursor in the box as I would like.
Is there a setting to get FF to do this also?

Thanks for your useful response.

Steve IA

Andy Luddy 10-08-2007 12:39 PM

Re: FF cursor focus

Steve IA wrote:
> When opening pages such as Search engines (dogpile, yahoo, ask, google) with
> FF 2.0.0.7, the cursor is not in the text box as I would expect. I have to
> mouse click on the box before starting to type. I tested this using IE 7 and
> all the above mentioned sites place the cursor in the box as I would like.
> Is there a setting to get FF to do this also?
>
> Thanks for your useful response.
>
> Steve IA

Are you allowing javascript on pages (Tools/Options/Content)? Or are
you using a script blocking add-on like No-Script? The way that the
page gets focus for the search box on load is typically with a small
amount of javascript code.

Steve IA 10-08-2007 01:43 PM

Re: FF cursor focus

Andy Luddy wrote:

> Steve IA wrote:
> > When opening pages such as Search engines (dogpile, yahoo, ask, google) with
> > FF 2.0.0.7, the cursor is not in the text box as I would expect. I have to
> > mouse click on the box before starting to type. I tested this using IE 7 and
> > all the above mentioned sites place the cursor in the box as I would like.
> > Is there a setting to get FF to do this also?
> >
> > Thanks for your useful response.
> >
> > Steve IA

> Are you allowing javascript on pages (Tools/Options/Content)? Or are
> you using a script blocking add-on like No-Script? The way that the
> page gets focus for the search box on load is typically with a small
> amount of javascript code.

Andy,
I am allowing javascript and am not using any script blocking add-ons.
Thanks for you response.

Steve IA

Andy Luddy 10-08-2007 04:38 PM

Re: FF cursor focus

Steve IA wrote:
> Andy Luddy wrote:
>> Steve IA wrote:
>>> When opening pages such as Search engines (dogpile, yahoo, ask, google) with
>>> FF 2.0.0.7, the cursor is not in the text box as I would expect. I have to
>>> mouse click on the box before starting to type. I tested this using IE 7 and
>>> all the above mentioned sites place the cursor in the box as I would like.
>>> Is there a setting to get FF to do this also?
>>>
>>> Thanks for your useful response.
>>>
>>> Steve IA

>> Are you allowing javascript on pages (Tools/Options/Content)? Or are
>> you using a script blocking add-on like No-Script? The way that the
>> page gets focus for the search box on load is typically with a small
>> amount of javascript code.

> Andy,
> I am allowing javascript and am not using any script blocking add-ons.
> Thanks for you response.
>
> Steve IA

Try starting FF in Safe Mode (either from the menu or "firefox.exe
-safe-mode"). Each of those sites assign focus to the search term box
for me in 2.0.0.7.

Steve IA 10-08-2007 07:02 PM

Re: FF cursor focus

Andy Luddy wrote:

> Steve IA wrote:
> > Andy Luddy wrote:

> >> Are you allowing javascript on pages (Tools/Options/Content)? Or are
> >> you using a script blocking add-on like No-Script? The way that the
> >> page gets focus for the search box on load is typically with a small
> >> amount of javascript code.

> > Andy,
> > I am allowing javascript and am not using any script blocking add-ons.
> > Thanks for you response.
> >
> > Steve IA

> Try starting FF in Safe Mode (either from the menu or "firefox.exe
> -safe-mode"). Each of those sites assign focus to the search term box
> for me in 2.0.0.7.

Andy,
Thanks for the reply. It worked well in Safe mode, so I disabled my half
dozen or so add-ons and put them back 1 at a time to test. Seems that Tab
Mix Plus 0.3.6 is the culprit.
I can't find any settings within TMP to correct it directly, but will play
around and see if I can help myself.
Any further help will be appreciated.

Steve IA

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo 10-08-2007 10:12 PM

Re: FF cursor focus

Steve IA wrote:
> Andy Luddy wrote:
>> Steve IA wrote:

>>> Andy,
>>> I am allowing javascript and am not using any script blocking add-ons.
>>> Thanks for you response.
>>>
>>> Steve IA

>> Try starting FF in Safe Mode (either from the menu or "firefox.exe
>> -safe-mode"). Each of those sites assign focus to the search term box
>> for me in 2.0.0.7.

> Andy,
> Thanks for the reply. It worked well in Safe mode, so I disabled my half
> dozen or so add-ons and put them back 1 at a time to test. Seems that Tab
> Mix Plus 0.3.6 is the culprit.
> I can't find any settings within TMP to correct it directly, but will play
> around and see if I can help myself.
> Any further help will be appreciated.
>
> Steve IA

according to their website, v0.3.5.2 is the current version.
Anyways, try asking in their forum for help:
http://tmp.garyr.net/forum/

or Reply to Author. Thanks!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Steve IA 10-09-2007 10:55 AM

Re: FF cursor focus

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

> Steve IA wrote:
> > Andy Luddy wrote:

> >> Try starting FF in Safe Mode (either from the menu or "firefox.exe
> >> -safe-mode"). Each of those sites assign focus to the search term box
> >> for me in 2.0.0.7.

> > Andy,
> > Thanks for the reply. It worked well in Safe mode, so I disabled my half
> > dozen or so add-ons and put them back 1 at a time to test. Seems that Tab
> > Mix Plus 0.3.6 is the culprit.
> > I can't find any settings within TMP to correct it directly, but will play
> > around and see if I can help myself.
> > Any further help will be appreciated.
> >
> > Steve IA

> according to their website, v0.3.5.2 is the current version.
> Anyways, try asking in their forum for help:
> http://tmp.garyr.net/forum/

Thanks for the response Pete. I searched their forum for a while but could
come up with no previous answer. I will query directly today.
BTW, I double checked and and I'm running vo.3.6 as is provided here:

Thanks again.
Steve