Velocity Reviews

-   -   Mapping a local folder (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t5418-mapping-a-local-folder.html)

Rick Donnellon 01-10-2005 04:16 PM

Mapping a local folder

I have local folder shared and mapped as the "W" drive. It works fine as
long as my wireless network is working. When I'm away of my wireless network
or my wireless is disabled this folder won't re-map. Since this is a local
folder it should still map when not connected, shouldn't it? I have this
folder mapped like this because one of my programs needs to see files on the
"W" drive to work. I was quite embarrassed last we week when I was at a
perspective customer's facility trying to show off some of my work and I
couldn't get this drive to map. I've been trying for a couple hours this
morning to map this folder with my wireless disabled with no luck! Can
anyone tell what I'm doing wrong? I'm running Winndows XP sp2.

TIA
RICK

mikeFNB 01-11-2005 12:32 AM

Re: Mapping a local folder