Velocity Reviews

-   -   opening message (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t541738-opening-message.html)

Joe 10-03-2007 04:26 PM

opening message

Eveytime I open Firefox in Vista I get the message "Restart Session or
Open New Session" I can't get rid of it. Any ideas?

Justin 10-03-2007 05:02 PM

Re: opening message

Joe wrote on [Wed, 03 Oct 2007 12:26:20 -0400]:
> Eveytime I open Firefox in Vista I get the message "Restart Session or
> Open New Session" I can't get rid of it. Any ideas?

Have you tried disabling the session saver/session restore option in the
options?

Frank 10-03-2007 05:48 PM

Re: opening message

Justin wrote:
> Joe wrote on [Wed, 03 Oct 2007 12:26:20 -0400]:
>> Eveytime I open Firefox in Vista I get the message "Restart Session or
>> Open New Session" I can't get rid of it. Any ideas?

> Have you tried disabling the session saver/session restore option in the
> options?

That would make sense but I can't find it. If it is obvious, I'll blame
my bifocals.

Frank

Justin 10-03-2007 06:10 PM

Re: opening message

Frank wrote on [Wed, 03 Oct 2007 13:48:40 -0400]:
> Justin wrote:
>> Joe wrote on [Wed, 03 Oct 2007 12:26:20 -0400]:
>>> Eveytime I open Firefox in Vista I get the message "Restart Session or
>>> Open New Session" I can't get rid of it. Any ideas?

>> Have you tried disabling the session saver/session restore option in the
>> options?

> That would make sense but I can't find it. If it is obvious, I'll blame
> my bifocals.
>
> Frank

Assuming you are using Firefox 2, Tools->options->Main

There is a section called "Startup", change the
When Firefox starts from "show my windows and tabs from last time" to
Show my home page.

Frank 10-03-2007 06:18 PM

Re: opening message

Justin wrote:
> Frank wrote on [Wed, 03 Oct 2007 13:48:40 -0400]:
>> Justin wrote:
>>> Have you tried disabling the session saver/session restore option in the
>>> options?

>> That would make sense but I can't find it. If it is obvious, I'll blame
>> my bifocals.
>>
>> Frank

> Assuming you are using Firefox 2, Tools->options->Main
>
> There is a section called "Startup", change the
> When Firefox starts from "show my windows and tabs from last time" to
> Show my home page.

Thanks, but that is where it is set and it still comes up. Only minor
annoyance.

Frank

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo 10-03-2007 06:44 PM

Re: opening message

Frank wrote:
> Justin wrote:
>> Frank wrote on [Wed, 03 Oct 2007 13:48:40 -0400]:
>>> That would make sense but I can't find it. If it is obvious, I'll blame
>>> my bifocals.
>>>
>>> Frank

>> Assuming you are using Firefox 2, Tools->options->Main
>>
>> There is a section called "Startup", change the
>> When Firefox starts from "show my windows and tabs from last time" to
>> Show my home page.

> Thanks, but that is where it is set and it still comes up. Only minor
> annoyance.
>
> Frank

in the address bar type in about:config and locate this
setting:

browser.sessionstore.enabled

once found, double click on it and change it to false

or Reply to Author. Thanks!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Frank 10-04-2007 02:28 PM

Re: opening message

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
> Frank wrote:
>> Justin wrote:

>>> Assuming you are using Firefox 2, Tools->options->Main
>>>
>>> There is a section called "Startup", change the When Firefox starts
>>> from "show my windows and tabs from last time" to
>>> Show my home page.

>> Thanks, but that is where it is set and it still comes up. Only minor
>> annoyance.
>>
>> Frank

> in the address bar type in about:config and locate this setting:
>
> browser.sessionstore.enabled
>
> once found, double click on it and change it to false

That did it. Thanks Peter.

Frank