Velocity Reviews

-   -   TIVO on my network (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t541028-tivo-on-my-network.html)

rll 09-30-2007 05:40 PM

TIVO on my network

I just purchased a TIVO HD with the wireless network connector. I installed
TIVO's desktop program and published my media files to the program as
instructed. The TIVO box found the network and will play my music, video and
photo files. But I noticed that the TIVO box does not show as a device under
Network or on the map in the Network and Sharing Center. As long as it
works, I really don't care, but I was curious as to whether it should show
or not. My wireless printer shows, but not TIVO.

Lem 09-30-2007 08:32 PM

Re: TIVO on my network

rll wrote:
> I just purchased a TIVO HD with the wireless network connector. I
> installed TIVO's desktop program and published my media files to the
> program as instructed. The TIVO box found the network and will play my
> music, video and photo files. But I noticed that the TIVO box does not
> show as a device under Network or on the map in the Network and Sharing
> Center. As long as it works, I really don't care, but I was curious as
> to whether it should show or not. My wireless printer shows, but not TIVO.

Vista, right? Try asking here:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/index.php?
or
--
Lem -- MS-MVP - Networking

Phillip Windell 10-01-2007 02:21 PM

Re: TIVO on my network

"rll" <randalllewis@msn.com> wrote in message

> photo files. But I noticed that the TIVO box does not show as a device
> under Network or on the map in the Network and Sharing Center.

I would never expect it to. TIVO does not posess a "Client for Microsoft
Networks" or Microsoft's File & Print sharing,...and I would never expect it
to participate in the MS Computer Browser Service.

The *only* reason it can communicate at all with sharing files is via the
TIVO Application that you installed on the PC.

--
Phillip Windell
www.wandtv.com