Velocity Reviews

-   -   Windows Live Messenger (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t540890-windows-live-messenger.html)

Susan Oates 09-29-2007 07:25 PM

Windows Live Messenger

I have recently reformatted my pc (Win XP SP2) And reinstalled Windows live
messenger. Now, when I log on and am faced with my desktop, Messenger log
in screen Opens full screen. I would like it how i used to have it which
was, it loaded up, but no screens involving messenger opened.
If anyone can give me any ideas how to do this, i will be grateful

TIA

Sue

jon doglegs 09-30-2007 06:09 AM

Re: Windows Live Messenger

"Susan Oates" <susan.oates3@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>I have recently reformatted my pc (Win XP SP2) And reinstalled Windows
>live messenger. Now, when I log on and am faced with my desktop, Messenger
>log in screen Opens full screen. I would like it how i used to have it
>which was, it loaded up, but no screens involving messenger opened.
> If anyone can give me any ideas how to do this, i will be grateful
>
> TIA
>
> Sue

For some (really stupid?) reason known only to microshafts, they've made the
menu bar "invisible" by default, so you can't easily access the options
needed to max, min, or make a window normal or adjustable size .. or even
sign in or out or other options!
Well, the menu is still lurking, but it's not what most are used to ..

When i was in net cafes, i saw people "close" the msn, but in fact it was
still open for the next person to hack! (potentially)
Talk about security leak! What did net cafe staff have to say about that
when i mentioned this? "oh, dont worry about it, mate!"

Anyway ..
If i recall, there is still a few small twiddly graphics on the top right of
the window you need to click on in order to access the menu and make it
appear again .. One should say "show menu" when you hover the mouse over it
and click on it ..

Hope helps ..

Jd