Velocity Reviews

-   -   URGENT . . .Lost document!! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t540779-urgent-lost-document.html)

neilscott@mail.com 09-29-2007 04:11 AM

URGENT . . .Lost document!!

I was working on a document all day and when I finally finished it, I
printed it out (it contained lots of graphics).

Now, although I have the print-out, I can't find the full file on my
computer. All I have is the file with a date modified of 2:49PM and I
worked on it until way after 10PM. According to Word 2007, it says
the last time it was saved was at 2:49PM. I know I saved since then,
but I can't find it on my computer.

Could it have gone into a hidden temp file, and if so, how can I
access that???

Does Word 2007 automatically save backup docs in hidden files.

Baring that, is there a way to scan the print-out back into a doc file
with graphics?

This is URGENT, please help me if you can!!

Thank you . . . .

llanalott@yahoo.com 09-29-2007 06:14 AM

Re: URGENT . . .Lost document!!

neilsc...@mail.com wrote:
> I was working on a document all day and when I finally finished it, I
> printed it out (it contained lots of graphics).
>
> Now, although I have the print-out, I can't find the full file on my
> computer. All I have is the file with a date modified of 2:49PM and I
> worked on it until way after 10PM. According to Word 2007, it says
> the last time it was saved was at 2:49PM. I know I saved since then,
> but I can't find it on my computer.
>
> Could it have gone into a hidden temp file, and if so, how can I
> access that???
>

> Does Word 2007 automatically save backup docs in hidden files.

Hopefully your OK there.

> Baring that, is there a way to scan the print-out back into a doc file
> with graphics?
>
> This is URGENT, please help me if you can!!
>
> Thank you . . . .

Did you save the file here and there?

Nothing like nuking a file and having hours of work disappear and
nothing to show for it.

Nothing like nuking a file and loose only a half hour of work out of
many hours that you can replace in 15 minutes because you saved a file
periodically.

Whatever the case when you loose something that you would literately
pay money to retrieve then
immediately don't do anything on your computer aside from shutting
down the computer.

Backup I believe is .wbk here is instructions http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827099

Google: "Word 2007" "lost file"

Good luck.

Stubbo of Oz 09-29-2007 07:02 AM

Re: URGENT . . .Lost document!!

On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 04:11:10 -0000, neilscott@mail.com wrote:

>I was working on a document all day and when I finally finished it, I
>printed it out (it contained lots of graphics).
>
>Now, although I have the print-out, I can't find the full file on my
>computer. All I have is the file with a date modified of 2:49PM and I
>worked on it until way after 10PM. According to Word 2007, it says
>the last time it was saved was at 2:49PM. I know I saved since then,
>but I can't find it on my computer.
>
>Could it have gone into a hidden temp file, and if so, how can I
>access that???
>

>Does Word 2007 automatically save backup docs in hidden files.
>
>Baring that, is there a way to scan the print-out back into a doc file
>with graphics?
>
>This is URGENT, please help me if you can!!

If you definitely can't find it on your disk and you have a scanner
then you could try OCR (Optical Character Recognition).

You can get "Simple OCR" for free here:-

http://www.simpleocr.com/

It will scan the printed documents and convert them to a simple text
file.

I find it works quite well but you will have to check the input for
errors in the OCR process.
--
----------------
Stubbo of Sydney

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?= 09-29-2007 09:16 AM

Re: URGENT . . .Lost document!!

neilscott@mail.com wrote:
> I was working on a document all day and when I finally finished it, I
> printed it out (it contained lots of graphics).
>
> Now, although I have the print-out, I can't find the full file on my
> computer. All I have is the file with a date modified of 2:49PM and I
> worked on it until way after 10PM. According to Word 2007, it says
> the last time it was saved was at 2:49PM. I know I saved since then,
> but I can't find it on my computer.
>
> Could it have gone into a hidden temp file, and if so, how can I
> access that???
>

> Does Word 2007 automatically save backup docs in hidden files.
>
> Baring that, is there a way to scan the print-out back into a doc file
> with graphics?
>
> This is URGENT, please help me if you can!!

Do a search for any and all .wbk files. You might get lucky.

pcbutts1 09-29-2007 11:17 AM

Re: URGENT . . .Lost document!!

Do a search for any and all .docx files. You might get lucky.

news:1191039070.214337.306450@r29g2000hsg.googlegr oups.com...

Jan 09-30-2007 12:50 PM

Re: URGENT . . .Lost document!!

In article <1191039070.214337.306450@r29g2000hsg.googlegroups .com>,
neilscott@mail.com says...
> I was working on a document all day and when I finally finished it, I
> printed it out (it contained lots of graphics).
>
> Now, although I have the print-out, I can't find the full file on my
> computer. All I have is the file with a date modified of 2:49PM and I
> worked on it until way after 10PM. According to Word 2007, it says
> the last time it was saved was at 2:49PM. I know I saved since then,
> but I can't find it on my computer.
>
> Could it have gone into a hidden temp file, and if so, how can I
> access that???
>

> Does Word 2007 automatically save backup docs in hidden files.
>
> Baring that, is there a way to scan the print-out back into a doc file
> with graphics?
>
> This is URGENT, please help me if you can!!
>
> Thank you . . . .

You could also try clicking on File (in Word) and see if it shows in
your document list.