Velocity Reviews

-   -   Setting up Channel on Cat 5505 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t540564-setting-up-channel-on-cat-5505-a.html)

LondonDragon 09-28-2007 07:25 AM

Setting up Channel on Cat 5505

Hi guys I need some advice as to what could be wrong.
I am trying to set up an 8 port channel on a 5505 and it doesn't seem to let me turn it on. First when I do the command to see all 8 ports it returns a message with "Illegal port_list range" and when I try with only 4 ports I get the message:

5505> (enable) set port channel 3/17-20 on
Mismatch in vlan number.
Mismatch in vlan number.

Question is can I use 8 ports or just 4? Seems like I can only use 4 ports for the channel and also why do you think I am getting a Mismatch error when the ports are in the same vlan and configured to speed auto.

Many thanks for your help.

thort 09-29-2007 12:45 AM

4 ports is max unless using some Gigabit modules, then 8 can by max.

Also issue a 'show port' and 'show trunk' command with CatOS to view the vlans associated and the native vlan associated as well on both switches.

Here is all the info you need:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk38...800949c2.shtml

'Mismatch in vlan number' means just that, specifically:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk38...shtml#mismatch

Hope that helps

LondonDragon 09-29-2007 09:20 AM

Many thanks for your reply, in the end I figured that I could only use 4 ports and that I had diferent vlans on the trunk ports even though they were disabled as a trunk.

All working fine now :)