Velocity Reviews

-   -   XML diff/XML patch (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t540361-xml-diff-xml-patch.html)

psaffrey@googlemail.com 09-27-2007 12:11 PM

XML diff/XML patch

Hi,

I'm looking for a tool which can build XML patch files and then apply
them. Specifically, I'd like the patches to be applied in an
associative fashion, so if I have a patch that does A->B and a patch
that does A->C, I'd like to be able to apply both patches to A in
either order. I know that this can't be done in the general case, but
I'd like a tool which will try and fail if it isn't possible.

I also need it to be namespace aware. Yes, I want the moon on a stick.

I've looked at the obvious tools in Google land and a lot of them seem
to be immature or untouched for years. I've started poking around in
these, but I wondered whether anybody had any direct experience.

Thanks in advance,

Peter

Martin Honnen 09-27-2007 12:24 PM

Re: XML diff/XML patch

psaffrey@googlemail.com wrote:

> I've looked at the obvious tools in Google land and a lot of them seem
> to be immature or untouched for years. I've started poking around in
> these, but I wondered whether anybody had any direct experience.

Check whether the following tool meets your requirements:
<URL:http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa302295.aspx>

--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

Juergen Kahrs 09-27-2007 12:36 PM

Re: XML diff/XML patch

Martin Honnen wrote:
> psaffrey@googlemail.com wrote:
>
>> I've looked at the obvious tools in Google land and a lot of them seem
>> to be immature or untouched for years. I've started poking around in
>> these, but I wondered whether anybody had any direct experience.

> Check whether the following tool meets your requirements:
> <URL:http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa302295.aspx>

We saw lengthy discussions about diff tools in the past.
Google for it.