Velocity Reviews

-   -   ROT13 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t540207-rot13.html)

meerkat 09-26-2007 06:50 PM

ROT13

Hi Pals.Does anyone know of a ROT13 program, that
I can d/load ?.
Preferably with a Windows XP GUI.
Thanks if you can help.
I want to unravel some of those userassist keys in the
Registry.
bw..

why? 09-26-2007 07:14 PM

Re: ROT13

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 18:50:05 GMT, meerkat wrote:

>Hi Pals.Does anyone know of a ROT13 program, that
>I can d/load ?.
>Preferably with a Windows XP GUI.

Isn't that called XL, (a-z next to m-l ) not downloadable but it's a Win
GUI app :-)

>Thanks if you can help.
>I want to unravel some of those userassist keys in the

These are ROT13?

Still skipping the d/load theme , www.google.com decode rot13, a Opera
Widget 3rd on the list.

ROT-13 Decoder and Encoder
This page includes a JavaScript that will encode or decode ROT-13 text.
ROT-13 is a simplistic form of encryption. It is most often used to
prevent ...
http://members.tripod.com/~BraunzGuy/rot13.htm - 11k - Cached - Similar
pages

ROTator
ROTator lets you encode or decode messages in "ROT 13" format, ... You
can use ROTator to encode or decode ROT 13 messages, or you can use it
as a simple ...
www.halfhill.com/rotator.html - 4k - Cached - Similar pages

ROT13 EBG13 Widget - Opera Widgets
A simple ROT13 encoder/decoder. It can encode/decode ROT13 phrases as
you type. Thanks to 2 textareas you can mix encoded and not encoded
information easily ...
http://widgets.opera.com/widget/3797 - 9k - Cached - Similar pages

WinROT13 free download. A freeware ROT13 coder/decoder for Windows....
WinROT13 free download. A freeware ROT13 coder/decoder for Windows.....
http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/E.../WinROT13.html
- 23k - Cached - Similar pages

Me

why? 09-26-2007 07:16 PM

Re: ROT13

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 18:50:05 GMT, meerkat wrote:

>Hi Pals.Does anyone know of a ROT13 program, that

Better yet change the search terms for www.google.com
userassist registry,
these appear before the ROT13 stuff.

Decrypt 'UserAssist' registry entries
Some people are suspicious of the 'UserAssist' entries in the registry,
mostly because they are encrypted. Here's a small script that will
decrypt those ...
www.autohotkey.com/forum/topic9154.html - 38k - Cached - Similar pages

Purpose of "UserAssist" registry keys?
Purpose of "UserAssist" registry keys? Windows XP General.
www.mcse.ms/message1518802.html - 73k - Cached - Similar pages

UserAssist Didier Stevens
Windows Explorer maintains this information in the UserAssist registry
entries. My program allows you to display and manipulate these entries.
http://blog.didierstevens.com/programs/userassist/ - 43k - Cached -
Similar pages

meerkat 09-26-2007 07:33 PM

Re: ROT13

> On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 18:50:05 GMT, meerkat wrote:
>
>>Hi Pals.Does anyone know of a ROT13 program, that

> Better yet change the search terms for www.google.com
> userassist registry,
> these appear before the ROT13 stuff.
>
> Decrypt 'UserAssist' registry entries
> Some people are suspicious of the 'UserAssist' entries in the
> registry,
> mostly because they are encrypted. Here's a small script that will
> decrypt those ...
> www.autohotkey.com/forum/topic9154.html - 38k - Cached - Similar
> pages
>
> Purpose of "UserAssist" registry keys?
> Purpose of "UserAssist" registry keys? Windows XP General.
> www.mcse.ms/message1518802.html - 73k - Cached - Similar pages
>
> UserAssist Didier Stevens
> Windows Explorer maintains this information in the UserAssist
> registry
> entries. My program allows you to display and manipulate these
> entries.
> http://blog.didierstevens.com/programs/userassist/ - 43k - Cached -
> Similar pages
>

>>I can d/load ?.
>>Preferably with a Windows XP GUI.
>>Thanks if you can help.
>>I want to unravel some of those userassist keys in the

Thanks Me a couple of good pointers there.
I`ll get straight on them.
Thanks again.

ded 09-26-2007 08:16 PM

Re: ROT13

"meerkat" <man@cov.com> wrote in message
> Hi Pals.Does anyone know of a ROT13 program, that
> I can d/load ?.
> Preferably with a Windows XP GUI.
> Thanks if you can help.
> I want to unravel some of those userassist keys in the
> Registry.
> bw..

You're using OE, that has the ability to scramble/unscramble ROT13.
Click the "Message" button in OE toolbar.

meerkat 09-27-2007 01:52 PM

Re: ROT13

"ded" <witheld@invalid.witheld> wrote in message

> "meerkat" <man@cov.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Pals.Does anyone know of a ROT13 program, that
>> I can d/load ?.
>> Preferably with a Windows XP GUI.
>> Thanks if you can help.
>> I want to unravel some of those userassist keys in the
>> Registry.
>> bw..
>>

> You're using OE, that has the ability to scramble/unscramble ROT13.
> Click the "Message" button in OE toolbar.

Thanks ded, but how to get userassist msgs into OE to
rotate, sounds a bit complex.

`why me` suggested Didier Stevens program `Userassist`,
and that seems to work quite well.
Thanks for the responce anyway.
bw..

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov 09-27-2007 07:41 PM

Re: ROT13

"meerkat" <man@cov.com> wrote:

>> You're using OE, that has the ability to scramble/unscramble ROT13.
>> Click the "Message" button in OE toolbar.

>Thanks ded, but how to get userassist msgs into OE to
>rotate, sounds a bit complex.

Regedit, export count as text.
Copy and paste into OE or any other program.

ie: one of my keys
Value 15
Name: HRZR_EHACVQY:%pfvqy6%\ZVFTCETF.yax
Type: REG_BINARY
Data:
00000000 2d 02 00 00 02 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
-...............

I still haven't found ROT in OE, I think they call it
--

Teens cutting a hole in the roof of a tobacco and liquor store
miscalculated and were actually drilling through the overhang

nobody > 09-27-2007 07:48 PM

Re: ROT13

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov wrote:
> "meerkat" <man@cov.com> wrote:
>
>>> You're using OE, that has the ability to scramble/unscramble ROT13.
>>> Click the "Message" button in OE toolbar.

>> Thanks ded, but how to get userassist msgs into OE to
>> rotate, sounds a bit complex.

> Regedit, export count as text.
> Copy and paste into OE or any other program.
>
> ie: one of my keys
> Value 15
> Name: HRZR_EHACVQY:%pfvqy6%\ZVFTCETF.yax
> Type: REG_BINARY
> Data:
> 00000000 2d 02 00 00 02 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
> -...............
>
> I still haven't found ROT in OE, I think they call it

"To unscramble a newsgroup message

You cannot scramble messages and post them in Outlook Express, but if
someone has posted a scrambled message to a newsgroup (using ROT13), you
can unscramble it in Outlook Express and make it readable.

In the newsgroups message list, double-click a message to open it.
On the Message menu, click Unscramble (ROT13).
Note

The ROT13 method of scrambling involves replacing each letter with one
that appears 13 characters later in the alphabet. Though this is not
secure the way encrypting is, it can be useful for sensitive or
offensive information."

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov 09-27-2007 07:52 PM

Re: ROT13

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov wrote:

>I still haven't found ROT in OE, I think they call it

Ment to edit this out; POS OE seems very difficult to ROT13 anything,
to the point of calling it scramble and unscramble and no help under
ROT13.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov 09-27-2007 07:55 PM

Re: ROT13

"nobody >" <usenetharvested@aol.com> wrote:

>You cannot scramble messages and post them in Outlook Express

That doesn't suprise me a bit. but also doesn't sound right, as a copy
and paste will just paste the text (which is scrambled)