Velocity Reviews

-   -   Cannot see my network after SP2 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t5401-cannot-see-my-network-after-sp2.html)

=?Utf-8?B?TXIuIEw=?= 01-08-2005 11:51 PM

Cannot see my network after SP2

I recently installed SP2 on my desktop and laptop. Although the apps seem to
be working fine, I can no longer connect my laptop to tmy home network. In
fact, I can not even see my network on the list of networks. I can see my
neighbour's network so I know the wireless part is connected.

I have a MS Broadband base on the desktop and the MS 520 adapter on the
laptop.

Ken Wright 01-09-2005 12:08 PM

Re: Cannot see my network after SP2

Are you broadcasting your SSID from your Access Point?

--
Regards
Ken.......................

Malke 01-09-2005 01:38 PM

Mr. L wrote:

> I recently installed SP2 on my desktop and laptop. Although the apps
> seem to
> be working fine, I can no longer connect my laptop to tmy home
> network. In
> fact, I can not even see my network on the list of networks. I can
> see my neighbour's network so I know the wireless part is connected.
>
> I have a MS Broadband base on the desktop and the MS 520 adapter on
> the laptop.

Service Pack 2 automatically enables the Window Firewall. If you are not
using a third-party firewall, go to the Windows Firewall applet in
Control Panel and make sure File & Printer Sharing is enabled on the
Exceptions tab. If you are using a third-party firewall (and it was
properly configured for file and printer sharing), go to the Windows
Firewall applet and disable the WF. See if that helps.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers