Velocity Reviews

-   -   Wireless Slow, Wired Fast (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t53997-wireless-slow-wired-fast.html)

Ollie 01-16-2006 12:29 PM

Wireless Slow, Wired Fast

Im on the NTL 10mb package in the UK and when i use my internet
connection via the wired LAN ports on my router i get a steady 1mb/sec.
When i use wireless i get anything from 500kb/s - 700kb/s max. I've
tried 3 different routers, 3 different wireless adapters so I don't
think it's a HW issue. Have also tried every channel from 1 -11. No
joy. Current setup is Linksys WRT54GS and onboard intel wireless pro
2200BG. Signal and strength are showing as excellent, speed showing as
54mbps. Any ideas welcome !!

Ollie 01-16-2006 05:52 PM

Re: Wireless Slow, Wired Fast

Ollie wrote:
> Im on the NTL 10mb package in the UK and when i use my internet
> connection via the wired LAN ports on my router i get a steady 1mb/sec.
> When i use wireless i get anything from 500kb/s - 700kb/s max. I've
> tried 3 different routers, 3 different wireless adapters so I don't
> think it's a HW issue. Have also tried every channel from 1 -11. No
> joy. Current setup is Linksys WRT54GS and onboard intel wireless pro
> 2200BG. Signal and strength are showing as excellent, speed showing as
> 54mbps. Any ideas welcome !!

UPDATE - This problem ONLY occurs in WinXP. In linux it works perfectly.

=?Utf-8?B?SW5zdGFsbGVy?= 01-17-2006 05:16 AM

RE: Wireless Slow, Wired Fast

Hello , Internet service : DSL? Dial up ? Satelite ? Cable ? How far away
from router is the PC when wireless ? Are there cordless phones in the home
or office ? Is the SSID Broadcast enabled ?
--
KD