Velocity Reviews

-   -   paging in a datalist (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t539726-paging-in-a-datalist.html)

Aussie Rules 09-24-2007 10:33 PM

paging in a datalist

Hi,

Is it possible to have some sort of paging (prev/next page) feature with the
data list.

I have a datalist, that can display several hundred items, and I want to
have say 20 to a page.

Thanks

Chris Fulstow 09-25-2007 03:23 AM

Re: paging in a datalist

Hi

There's no built-in paging with the DataList control, like there is
with GridView, but you can build your own.
This article has more info:

Efficient Data Paging with the ASP.NET 2.0 DataList Control and
ObjectDataSource
http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archi...07/434787.aspx

Chris