Velocity Reviews

-   -   How to get client size in server code ? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t539634-how-to-get-client-size-in-server-code.html)

Francois 09-24-2007 03:30 PM

How to get client size in server code ?

I have dynamic controls, and I want to change the display accoring to the
client browser resolution.

I have tried browser capabilites, but I did not get size.

How could I do it ?

Thanks.
François.

bruce barker 09-24-2007 04:24 PM

Re: How to get client size in server code ?

in javascript you can access the window.screen object which has all the
properties you need. normally you write a sniffer page (one with an auto
postback) to find this stuff (screen res, javascript enabled, active/x) out.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Francois 09-24-2007 04:52 PM

Re: How to get client size in server code ?

I am back to ASP / VB script. I though I could find something better in
DotNET 2.0 classes.

Thanks.

ea16Jes$HHA.1212@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...

Alexey Smirnov 09-24-2007 06:33 PM

On Sep 24, 6:52 pm, "Francois" <francois@corebridgecom> wrote:
> I am back to ASP / VB script. I though I could find something better in
> DotNET 2.0 classes.
>
> Thanks.
>
> "bruce barker" <nos...@nospam.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
> ea16Jes$HHA.1...@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>

> > in javascript you can access the window.screen object which has all the
> > properties you need. normally you write a sniffer page (one with an auto
> > postback) to find this stuff (screen res, javascript enabled, active/x)
> > out.

> > -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

> > Francois wrote:
> >> I have dynamic controls, and I want to change the display accoring to the
> >> client browser resolution.

> >> I have tried browser capabilites, but I did not get size.

> >> How could I do it ?

> >> Thanks.
> >> François.- Hide quoted text -

js-trick is here