Velocity Reviews

-   -   Music player help please (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t538917-music-player-help-please.html)

Mel 09-21-2007 04:58 AM

Music player help please

I went to download Windows media player 11 and when it asked
to run or save I didn't know what to do. I have Windows
media player 10. Are there any other choices that I'll run
into trying to download?

Meanwhile, since I couldn't do that I tried an icon that's
been on my desktop which I've never opened. It's Nero
StartSmart. It seems to be a program that does all the
music stuff the others do. I also have Quick Time Player.
Do I need all of these? Should I uninstall any?

My main interest is to be able to put some music from my CDs
onto an MP3 player.

Thanks,
Jo

who'sthat 09-21-2007 11:53 AM

Re: Music player help please

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 00:58:56 -0400, Mel <melmer58@stny.rr.com> wrote:

>I went to download Windows media player 11 and when it asked
>to run or save I didn't know what to do. I have Windows
>media player 10. Are there any other choices that I'll run
>into trying to download?
>
>Meanwhile, since I couldn't do that I tried an icon that's
>been on my desktop which I've never opened. It's Nero
>StartSmart. It seems to be a program that does all the
>music stuff the others do. I also have Quick Time Player.
>Do I need all of these? Should I uninstall any?
>
>My main interest is to be able to put some music from my CDs
>onto an MP3 player.
>
>Thanks,
>Jo

WMP 11 is just an upgrade. Google WMP 11 and read up on it to see if
you want to install it. If you do just hit "run" and that will install
it on your system. There is no need to save it.

Nero is a complete CD\DVD burning system. Google Nero and read about
it.

QuickTime is a media player like WMP but it plays files with a .mov
extension. Personally I don't like it for many reason so again, Google
Quick Time and then decide but you will need to view some multimedia
files.

You're new...use Google.

Kenny 09-21-2007 12:44 PM

Re: Music player help please

I too don't like QuickTime and use QT Alternative with Winamp.
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...lternative.htm

--
Kenny Cargill

who'sthat 09-21-2007 02:06 PM

Re: Music player help please

Personally I like MusicMatch for MP3s because I have all the ID tag
info added and I like seeing the album art from back in the old days

And I've never used QT Alternative but I should give it a look because
of the tracking QT does unless you know how to disable it.

Kenny 09-21-2007 07:36 PM

Re: Music player help please

Same thing with Real Player, there's Real Alternative and a good alternative
to Acrobat Reader is Foxit.