Velocity Reviews

-   -   OT: MSCE Bowl (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t53853-ot-msce-bowl.html)

kpg 01-04-2006 02:11 PM

OT: MSCE Bowl

Lessons from the Orange Bowl that can be applied to the pursuit
of the ever elusive and highly coveted MCSE.

1) Be prepared. Know you opponent well, study and practice hard.
2) Never Quit. When the going gets tough...the tough get going.
3) Always have a good place kicker. Well, 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

--
kpg BSCS A+ MCP MCNGP 0x22
4 out of 5 dentists recommend www.MCNGP.com

FrisbeeŽ 01-04-2006 02:35 PM

Re: MSCE Bowl

"kpg" <ipost@thereforeiam> wrote in message
news:Xns97415357FBB46ipostthereforeiam@127.0.0.1.. .

> Lessons from the Orange Bowl that can be applied to the pursuit
> of the ever elusive and highly coveted MCSE.
>
> 1) Be prepared. Know you opponent well, study and practice hard.
> 2) Never Quit. When the going gets tough...the tough get going.
> 3) Always have a good place kicker. Well, 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

I forgot to congratulate your Tiggers on their thorough thrashing of Thug U.

And I need to cover that check I wrote to the Conference USA refs in the
Outback Bowel.

kpg 01-04-2006 03:23 PM

Re: MSCE Bowl

FrisbeeŽ <billLASTNAME@yahoo.com> said something like

> I forgot to congratulate your Tiggers on their thorough thrashing of
> Thug U.

Thanks. A nice vindication after the bulldogs.

Texas or USC? Line is Texas + 7 1/2

kpg 01-05-2006 02:24 PM

OT: Moo

As an LSU Fan I would like to thank the Horns for
putting those arrogant Trojans in their place.

First of all, it would not have been a three-peat,
They were not 2003 champions. There is no such
thing as a co-champion, they didn't even play in
the championship game. It would have been a repeat
but they lost, so it's nothing.

I've already heard the whine of USC fans already
this morning, bad calls by the refs, USC was robbed!

I only saw too bad calls, Vince Young was down when
he lateralled, true, but the Horns were moving and
were close to the end zone, they very well could have
punched it in anyway from that distance. If so they
probably would have made the extra point because I
think they rushed it a bit to beat a review. They
would have at least had 3.

The second bad call was when the Horns intercepted
a pass and the ground caused the ball to pop out,
but the player clearly had possession. This could
have been turned into points also.

So its quite likely that had those calls been made
the Horns would have had even more points.

Anyhow, bad calls are like slippery spots on the
field, its part of the game. Get over it!

Furthermore, USC had a 12 point led with 5 minutes
left in the game and they lost. No excuse.

Thank you Longhorns.

Jtyc 01-05-2006 04:38 PM

Re: Moo

umm... Go Navy?