Velocity Reviews

-   -   AMS (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t538379-ams.html)

Hosszu Gabor 09-19-2007 07:24 AM

AMS

Hello,

Could you give me any information about the current state of the VHDL-AMS?
Is it used in practice, or it's in the evaluation period, yet?

Thax

Gábor

Paul Floyd 09-19-2007 05:21 PM

Re: AMS

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 09:24:37 +0200, Hosszu Gabor
<hosszu@turul.eet.bme.hu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Could you give me any information about the current state of the VHDL-AMS?=
>=20
> Is it used in practice, or it's in the evaluation period, yet?

Hi

Well, I can say that at least Mentor Graphics has customers that use
VHDL-AMS. Unlike digital VHDL, VHDL-AMS is simulation only, at least for
the foreseeable future.

A bientot
Paul
(Not speaking for Mentor Graphics)

sameerkher 09-21-2007 05:40 PM

Re: AMS

On Sep 19, 3:24 am, Hosszu Gabor <hos...@turul.eet.bme.hu> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Could you give me any information about the current state of the VHDL-AMS?
> Is it used in practice, or it's in the evaluation period, yet?
>
> Thax
>
> Gábor

Google VHDL-AMS to get results. http://www.eda.org/vhdl-ams/ is a good
starting point to get an idea about the state of the language. The
language definition has been around since 1999 - it is definitely not
in any evaluation period. There are currently several simulators that
support VHDL-AMS that are quite stable - Simplorer, Saber,
SystemVision, SMASH, to name a few.

Paul Floyd 09-21-2007 09:11 PM

Re: AMS

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 17:40:25 -0000, sameerkher <sameerkher@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 19, 3:24 am, Hosszu Gabor <hos...@turul.eet.bme.hu> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Could you give me any information about the current state of the VHDL-AMS?
>> Is it used in practice, or it's in the evaluation period, yet?

> Google VHDL-AMS to get results. http://www.eda.org/vhdl-ams/ is a good
> starting point to get an idea about the state of the language. The
> language definition has been around since 1999 - it is definitely not
> in any evaluation period. There are currently several simulators that
> support VHDL-AMS that are quite stable - Simplorer, Saber,
> SystemVision, SMASH, to name a few.

Ahem. Not forgetting ADVance-MS, of course.

moogyd@yahoo.co.uk 09-25-2007 06:05 PM

Re: AMS

On 19 Sep, 09:24, Hosszu Gabor <hos...@turul.eet.bme.hu> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Could you give me any information about the current state of the VHDL-AMS?
> Is it used in practice, or it's in the evaluation period, yet?
>
> Thax
>
> Gábor

We are extensively using VHDL-AMS within our organization for complex
mixed signal system simulations.

FYI, we are using Cadence.

Steven