Velocity Reviews

-   -   Local Area internet connection (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t5383-local-area-internet-connection.html)

=?Utf-8?B?UmltYWxyYQ==?= 01-07-2005 10:09 PM

Local Area internet connection

Question. My local area internet connection shows that my connection is
(limited or no connectivity). I could get on line but how could I fix this?
I was connecting my linksys wireless system and everything worked fine then
when I purchased Mc Afee software I was blocked from interned access and I
restored to a previous point where I now have to re install linksys on my
computer. When I restored then my local area connection gave me this msg.
Please help.

Pavel A. 01-07-2005 10:48 PM

Re: Local Area internet connection

"Rimalra" <Rimalra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F1B0D80-C443-480D-9C18-0EB80399D265@microsoft.com...
> Question. My local area internet connection shows that my connection is
> (limited or no connectivity). I could get on line but how could I fix this?

The exact meaning of "Limited or no connectivity" message is that the adapter
seems to be connected, but can not obtain IP address via DHCP.
Someone in MS decided that cryptic message "Limited or no connectivity" sounds
less confusing for most of us...
Now when you know this, start investigating why it can't get IP address.

Regards,
--PA

=?Utf-8?B?S2FwaWwgU3VyaQ==?= 01-09-2005 08:57 AM

ICS with Wireless and Wired adapter

I have an xbox and a laptop in my room.

I want to get my xbox to use the wireless connection on my laptop.
I have a xp sp2 and my wireless card is an intel intergrated. It has both a
lan and a wirless port. The primary internet of course is my wireless.

I have read the forums and tried my best but have been unsuccesful everytime,

thanks,