Velocity Reviews

-   Software (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f6-software.html)
-   -   Windows XP restarts abnormally (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t537912-windows-xp-restarts-abnormally.html)

Kumarakrishnan 09-17-2007 02:09 PM

Windows XP restarts abnormally

I am having Windows XP SP2. Symantec Anitirus is used in the system and updated. Win IT pro got installed recently. After sometime the system restarts undefinetely. I dont find any solution for that. Re-installed Windows XP, but no icon appears in the desktop after system logs in. Restart of system started again. Formatted the drive where Windows XP was installed and tried installing again. But getting message as "tbsvbcap.sys", "event97.dll" etc. are not avaiable. Tried with original and backup CD but did not help. Please help me to resolve the issue.
__________________
- Kumar
Chennai, India

nchurene 10-01-2007 03:46 PM

hi kumar
migth be your hard drive has bad sectors and clusters as such some files are missing. you could look for a new hard disk and try the installation. or you might completly format the whole system at the dos prompt using windows 98 and ie creating new dos partition. it ,ight serves you some good
try so,ething new

hamedvahedi 10-02-2007 09:48 AM

scandisk it with other system

hamed vahedi
www.hamedvahedi.com

urstop 11-02-2007 08:29 AM

Sometimes the drivers get corrupted and the machine restarts automatically. I had this problem after I upgraded to windows SP2. My machine used to get restarted all of a sudden. Reinstalling the OS again worked for me.

Regards,
UrStop
www.UrStop.com