Velocity Reviews

-   -   Gateway laptop keyboard won't type all letters. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t537699-gateway-laptop-keyboard-wont-type-all-letters.html)

TG 09-16-2007 05:27 PM

Gateway laptop keyboard won't type all letters.

I keep having to reinstall the keyboard drivers. The w,q,a,s, 2,3,
disappear very often. I then have to use the restoration disk and re
install the keyboard driver.

Some times it works and some times it doesn't, I generally have to keep
installing disk until it works.

What do I have to do to stop this nonsense?

TIA

Terry

meerkat 09-16-2007 05:32 PM

Re: Gateway laptop keyboard won't type all letters.

"TG" <tstrand@iinet.com> wrote in message
>I keep having to reinstall the keyboard drivers. The w,q,a,s, 2,3,
>disappear very often. I then have to use the restoration disk and re
>install the keyboard driver.
>
> Some times it works and some times it doesn't, I generally have to
> keep installing disk until it works.
>
> What do I have to do to stop this nonsense?

Sounds like you need another K/board, which you might be able
to obtain as a spare part on E-bay.
You could however check your Event Viewer to see if you have
any software related problems/errors showing up.
bw..

meerkat 09-16-2007 06:39 PM

"who'sthat" <who'sthat@don'tknow.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 10:27:09 -0700, "TG" <tstrand@iinet.com> wrote:
>
>>I keep having to reinstall the keyboard drivers. The w,q,a,s, 2,3,
>>disappear very often. I then have to use the restoration disk and
>>re
>>install the keyboard driver.
>>
>>Some times it works and some times it doesn't, I generally have to
>>keep
>>installing disk until it works.
>>
>> What do I have to do to stop this nonsense?
>>
>>TIA
>>

>>Terry
>>

> What's a new keyboard, $10.00?

Might be more for a laptop one W.

who'sthat 09-16-2007 06:40 PM

Re: Gateway laptop keyboard won't type all letters.

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 10:27:09 -0700, "TG" <tstrand@iinet.com> wrote:

>I keep having to reinstall the keyboard drivers. The w,q,a,s, 2,3,
>disappear very often. I then have to use the restoration disk and re
>install the keyboard driver.
>
>Some times it works and some times it doesn't, I generally have to keep
>installing disk until it works.
>
> What do I have to do to stop this nonsense?
>
>TIA
>

>Terry

What's a new keyboard, $10.00?

Blinky the Shark 09-16-2007 07:01 PM

who'sthat wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 10:27:09 -0700, "TG" <tstrand@iinet.com> wrote:
>
>>I keep having to reinstall the keyboard drivers. The w,q,a,s, 2,3,
>>disappear very often. I then have to use the restoration disk and re
>>install the keyboard driver.
>>
>>Some times it works and some times it doesn't, I generally have to keep
>>installing disk until it works.
>>
>> What do I have to do to stop this nonsense?
>>
>>TIA
>>

>>Terry
>>

> What's a new keyboard, $10.00?

Bought one for a laptop, lately? Some people use laptops portably.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

meerkat 09-16-2007 07:28 PM

"Blinky the Shark" <no.spam@box.invalid> wrote in message
news:slrnfeqvcl.elm.no.spam@thurston.blinkynet.net ...
> who'sthat wrote:
>> On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 10:27:09 -0700, "TG" <tstrand@iinet.com> wrote:
>>
>>>I keep having to reinstall the keyboard drivers. The w,q,a,s, 2,3,
>>>disappear very often. I then have to use the restoration disk and
>>>re
>>>install the keyboard driver.
>>>
>>>Some times it works and some times it doesn't, I generally have to
>>>keep
>>>installing disk until it works.
>>>
>>> What do I have to do to stop this nonsense?
>>>
>>>TIA
>>>

>>>Terry
>>>

>> What's a new keyboard, $10.00?

> Bought one for a laptop, lately? Some people use laptops portably.

Hiya big B.
And they carry them around as well <g>.

Fjiluk The Hogfish-Beater 09-16-2007 08:07 PM

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 18:39:44 +0000, meerkat wrote:

> "who'sthat" <who'sthat@don'tknow.com> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 10:27:09 -0700, "TG" <tstrand@iinet.com> wrote:
>>
>>>I keep having to reinstall the keyboard drivers. The w,q,a,s, 2,3,
>>>disappear very often. I then have to use the restoration disk and
>>>re
>>>install the keyboard driver.
>>>
>>>Some times it works and some times it doesn't, I generally have to
>>>keep
>>>installing disk until it works.
>>>
>>> What do I have to do to stop this nonsense?
>>>
>>>TIA
>>>

>>>Terry
>>>

>> What's a new keyboard, $10.00?
>>

> Might be more for a laptop one W.

20-30 bucks plus or minus a few. Replaced a couple so far.

who'sthat 09-16-2007 08:11 PM

Re: Gateway laptop keyboard won't type all letters.

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 16:07:45 -0400, Fjiluk The Hogfish-Beater
<Fjiluk@hogfish.orq> wrote:

>On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 18:39:44 +0000, meerkat wrote:
>

>> "who'sthat" <who'sthat@don'tknow.com> wrote in message

>>> What's a new keyboard, $10.00?
>>>

>> Might be more for a laptop one W.

>20-30 bucks plus or minus a few. Replaced a couple so far.

I'd look for one at a yard sale or pawn shop just to see if that's the
problem or take one home from work for one night. I think we've got 3
in the cellar (along with a couple of 14.4 modems)

Jerry G. 09-16-2007 08:43 PM

Re: Gateway laptop keyboard won't type all letters.

Most likely your keyboard is failing. You can order a new keyboard from
the Gateway support, or maybe find a used one on eBay. If you get used
one, there may be other faults. My preference is for a new one.

When you install the new keyboard, if there are still any faults, this
means that the fault is in the motherboard. You will not know until you
can try a known working keyboard.

--

Jerry G.

Blinky the Shark 09-16-2007 08:57 PM

meerkat wrote:

> "Blinky the Shark" <no.spam@box.invalid> wrote in message
> news:slrnfeqvcl.elm.no.spam@thurston.blinkynet.net ...
>> who'sthat wrote:

>>> What's a new keyboard, $10.00?

>> Bought one for a laptop, lately? Some people use laptops portably.
>>

> Hiya big B.
> And they carry them around as well <g>.

Which makes it kind of cumbersome to use one of those $10 keyboards with
it. :)