Velocity Reviews

-   -   autostart MS-Dos with some commands (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t537194-autostart-ms-dos-with-some-commands.html)

Michael Dodsworth 09-14-2007 09:13 AM

autostart MS-Dos with some commands

Hi, hope someone can help.

I have a pc running Windows 95 but have a programme i need to run on
MS-Dos. Does anyone know (In simple steps) how i can automatically get this
pc to automatically start in MS-Dos instead of Win 95 and also execute the
following commands so the programme will start up also automatically:-
cd/news (<- shold be a backslash but my key isnt working)
newsmast

Any help greatly appreciated

Mike

Ingeborg 09-14-2007 11:03 AM

Re: autostart MS-Dos with some commands

Michael Dodsworth wrote:

> Hi, hope someone can help.
>
> I have a pc running Windows 95 but have a programme i need to run on
> MS-Dos. Does anyone know (In simple steps) how i can automatically
> get this pc to automatically start in MS-Dos instead of Win 95 and
> also execute the following commands so the programme will start up
> also automatically:- cd/news (<- shold be a backslash but my key
> isnt working) newsmast

Open a command prompt and type

attrib -H -R C:\msdos.sys <enter>
notepad C:\msdos.sys

Edit the line BootGUI=1 to BootGUI=0
Save.

notepad C:\autoexec.bat

add the lines
cd \news
newsmast

Save, reboot.
When you want to launch W95, type 'win' from commmand prompt.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov 09-14-2007 04:47 PM

"Michael Dodsworth" <invalid.blue@stupid.invalid.duck.cd> wrote:

>Hi, hope someone can help.
>
>I have a pc running Windows 95 but have a programme i need to run on
>MS-Dos. Does anyone know (In simple steps) how i can automatically get this
>pc to automatically start in MS-Dos instead of Win 95 and also execute the
>following commands so the programme will start up also automatically:-
>cd/news (<- shold be a backslash but my key isnt working)
>newsmast
>
>Any help greatly appreciated

Edit the autoexec.bat

put a REM in front of WIN (or delete the line completely)

add to the autoexec.bat

cd/news - or D drive assumed - D:\news

To start Win95 from DOS just type in WIN

--

Indian government tries to prove it's religion bogus. withdraws...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6994415.stm

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov 09-14-2007 05:19 PM

Re: autostart MS-Dos with some commands

Woops

Michael Dodsworth 09-14-2007 11:10 PM

<Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov> wrote in message
> Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov wrote:
>
> Woops
>
>>add to the autoexec.bat
>>
>>cd/news - or D drive assumed - D:\news\newsmast

> --
>
> Indian government tries to prove it's religion bogus. withdraws...
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6994415.stm

To both, many thanks for your help. I will try the solutions mid next week
when i have access to the computer again.

Once again, Thanks

Mike