Velocity Reviews

-   -   Cisco DHCP server and Microsoft DNS server (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t536366-cisco-dhcp-server-and-microsoft-dns-server.html)

Andy 09-11-2007 08:02 AM

Cisco DHCP server and Microsoft DNS server

Hi guys,

I need to integrate a Cisco DHCP server on a 4506 Catalyst with
Windows 2003 DNS server, Is it possible for the DNS entry to be
updated? And whether it is recommended or not?

Regards,
Andy

Thrill5 09-12-2007 12:17 AM

Re: Cisco DHCP server and Microsoft DNS server

DHCP and DNS are completely independent of each other. If you give out the
DNS server address of the Microsoft DNS server as a DHCP option, then that's
the address the PC will send its DNS dynamic update.

news:1189497733.947734.241050@57g2000hsv.googlegro ups.com...

Andy 09-12-2007 06:17 AM

Re: Cisco DHCP server and Microsoft DNS server

Do i need any other command DNS related than the ones below?

conf t
ip domain-lookup
ip name-server 10.12.20.53
ip name-server 10.12.30.51
ip domain-name delta.com

Regards,
Andy

sek 09-12-2007 10:19 AM

On Sep 12, 9:17 am, Andy <danda...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Do i need any other command DNS related than the ones below?
>
> conf t
> ip domain-lookup
> ip name-server 10.12.20.53
> ip name-server 10.12.30.51
> ip domain-name delta.com
>
> Regards,
> Andy

Hi,

you need to configure the DHCP to send the info to clients:

ip dhcp pool my-pool-name
import all
network 10.10.10.0 255.255.255.0
default-router 10.10.10.1