Velocity Reviews

-   -   CRS-1 and Hilti Rack Mounting Kit (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t535507-crs-1-and-hilti-rack-mounting-kit.html)

rjhintz 09-06-2007 11:18 PM

CRS-1 and Hilti Rack Mounting Kit

The Cisco CRS-1 8-slot Unpacking, Moving, and Securing guide refers to
a Hilti rack mounting kit:
"For information on bolting the rack to the floor, consult a company
that specializes in floor mounting kits (such as Hilti; see Hilti.com
for details).
Hilti provides floor mounting kits for both the Cisco CRS-1 16-Slot
Line Card Chassis and racks that mount the Cisco CRS-1 8-Slot Line
Card Chassis."

Hilti's front line and engineering group isn't aware of a Hilti kit.
Does anyone have a Hilti part number for the rack mounting kit?
Thanks.

Merv 09-07-2007 05:21 PM

Re: CRS-1 and Hilti Rack Mounting Kit

are you referring to seimic floor anchor bolts ?

Are you mounting rack directly on a concrete floor or on a raised
floor ?

take a look at document

HP CO Seismic Rack Installation and Maintenance Guide

http://docs.hp.com/en/5971-1201/5971-1201.pdf

It has reference to Hilti anchor bolts

rjhintz 09-08-2007 08:32 PM

Re: CRS-1 and Hilti Rack Mounting Kit

I was referring to what seems to be a Hilti kit that was developed
specifically to mount the so-called ESW 27 rack used for the Cisco
CRS-1 8-slot. The Hilti kit seems, from the Cisco documentation, to
include hardware and instructions.

We're mounting multiple units, some to raised floor and some to
concrete. Thanks for the link to the HP rack documentation. It's not
exactly what I was looking for, but provides better information than
what I have.

Merv 09-08-2007 09:50 PM

On Sep 8, 4:32 pm, rjhintz <rjhi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was referring to what seems to be a Hilti kit that was developed
> specifically to mount the so-called ESW 27 rack used for the Cisco
> CRS-1 8-slot. The Hilti kit seems, from the Cisco documentation, to
> include hardware and instructions.
>
> We're mounting multiple units, some to raised floor and some to
> concrete. Thanks for the link to the HP rack documentation. It's not
> exactly what I was looking for, but provides better information than
> what I have.

I would expect that it is generic Hilti floor anchor bolts that is
being referred to in the Cisco docs.