Velocity Reviews

-   -   Can I add color with filter and other questions. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t534387-can-i-add-color-with-filter-and-other-questions.html)

John Gilmer 09-02-2007 12:29 PM

Can I add color with filter and other questions.

Hi:

I just started using Thunderbird.

My copy of OE somehow got messed up and I was having difficulty configuring
it for gmail or my ISP. TB worked "first time" and still has most of the
"look and feel" of OE.

BUT there are a few features of OE that I still would like to have. They
include:

1) Having one of the "filter" actions include adding color to the listing
of the post.

2) Having a "Read Next Un-Read" button.

3) Deleting an entire un-expanded e-mail thread with one "click."

As far as I can determine, these "features" aren't yet available in TB.
Did I miss something?

Again, I LOVE Thunderbird. I especially like that it doesn't automaticlly
download pictures from SPAM. I expect that my SPAM load will decrease in
the next few weeks.

Thanks in advance.

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo 09-02-2007 04:44 PM

Re: Can I add color with filter and other questions.

John Gilmer wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I just started using Thunderbird.
>
> My copy of OE somehow got messed up and I was having difficulty configuring
> it for gmail or my ISP. TB worked "first time" and still has most of the
> "look and feel" of OE.
>
> BUT there are a few features of OE that I still would like to have. They
> include:
>
> 1) Having one of the "filter" actions include adding color to the listing
> of the post.

lets see what I can do. Filtering: yes, its called tagging.
You'll see it when you create a filter. Or, hit the
numbers 1 to 5 on the number pad

> 2) Having a "Read Next Un-Read" button.

right click on the top toolbar, and select customize. Or, I
think its View, Toolbars, Customize. And you'll find
additional buttons there.

> 3) Deleting an entire un-expanded e-mail thread with one "click."

OE really doesn't delete anything. It just removes it from
your view. TB doesn't do that.

> As far as I can determine, these "features" aren't yet available in TB.
> Did I miss something?
>
> Again, I LOVE Thunderbird. I especially like that it doesn't automaticlly
> download pictures from SPAM. I expect that my SPAM load will decrease in
> the next few weeks.
>
> Thanks in advance.

or Reply to Author. Thanks!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Ed Mullen 09-02-2007 07:46 PM

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
> John Gilmer wrote:
>> Hi:
>> 3) Deleting an entire un-expanded e-mail thread with one "click."

> OE really doesn't delete anything. It just removes it from your view.
> TB doesn't do that.

Actually, OE works quite similarly to TB and other Mozilla mail
products. When you delete a message in either one it gets marked for
deletion and moved to the trash (in OE - Deleted Items). There they
stay until you empty the folder.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo 09-02-2007 10:10 PM

Ed Mullen wrote:
> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
>> John Gilmer wrote:
>>> Hi:
>>> 3) Deleting an entire un-expanded e-mail thread with one "click."

>> OE really doesn't delete anything. It just removes it from your view.
>> TB doesn't do that.
>>

> Actually, OE works quite similarly to TB and other Mozilla mail
> products. When you delete a message in either one it gets marked for
> deletion and moved to the trash (in OE - Deleted Items). There they
> stay until you empty the folder.

Drats!!!! Once again, I read wrong. I thought the OP was
discussing newsgroup messages. Thats why I said what I
said. Instead I should have read email messages, and what
you say is correct.