Velocity Reviews

-   -   Wireless connection lost. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t534205-wireless-connection-lost.html)

LesG 09-01-2007 09:57 AM

Wireless connection lost.

Computers seem not to like change. I replaced my AGP graphics card with a
better one (Sapphire X1650) . Since then my wireless connection (Sitecom
WL-171 PCI Card) has disappeared from Network connections and Network
Adaptors on device manager and I have had to connect to the internet using
my Ethernet cable via my BT HUB.All the Hub lights are showing green.
I took the Sitecom card out and put it back in just in case it was not
seated properly. It is difficult to use another slot for it if there is some
clash happening as it's aerial gets obstructed by connectors from the TV
card or graphics card. I reinstalled the latest Sitecom drivers to no avail.
Has anyone had a similar problem. I am using XP Pro.
TIA
Les.

LesG 09-01-2007 10:08 AM

Re: Wireless connection lost.

"LesG" <lesg@clifton.co.uk> wrote in message
> Computers seem not to like change. I replaced my AGP graphics card with a
> better one (Sapphire X1650) . Since then my wireless connection (Sitecom
> WL-171 PCI Card) has disappeared from Network connections and Network
> Adaptors on device manager and I have had to connect to the internet using
> my Ethernet cable via my BT HUB.All the Hub lights are showing green.
> I took the Sitecom card out and put it back in just in case it was not
> seated properly. It is difficult to use another slot for it if there is
> some clash happening as it's aerial gets obstructed by connectors from the
> TV card or graphics card. I reinstalled the latest Sitecom drivers to no
> avail. Has anyone had a similar problem. I am using XP Pro.
> TIA
> Les.

If it helps I have the cards are placed --- AGP card, space, sound card,
space, wireless network card, TV card.
Les

JANA 09-01-2007 11:00 AM

Re: Wireless connection lost.

Start by checking with System Information, to see if there are any IRQ
conflicts. This can be complicated for the average user. Your best bet is to
call the tech support for your new card. You can also do some Google
searches for this. Maybe there will be some kind of explanation from someone
who had the same problem.

--

JANA
_____

LesG 09-01-2007 01:09 PM

Re: Wireless connection lost.

I first tried the Google searches and found similar but without any answer.
I tried the Sapphire and ATI web site FAQ's. I have just moved the card to
another slot without it being found. System Manager shows a Network
Controller with a yellow ?
Les

meerkat 09-01-2007 01:20 PM

>I first tried the Google searches and found similar but without any answer.
>I tried the Sapphire and ATI web site FAQ's. I have just moved the card to
>another slot without it being found. System Manager shows a Network
>Controller with a yellow ?
> Les

Install the software for your card, and restart the machine.
then check the Dev manager again.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?= 09-01-2007 01:28 PM

LesG wrote:
> I first tried the Google searches and found similar but without any answer.
> I tried the Sapphire and ATI web site FAQ's. I have just moved the card to
> another slot without it being found. System Manager shows a Network
> Controller with a yellow ?
> Les
>
> "JANA" <jana@NOSPAMca.inter.net> wrote in message
>> Start by checking with System Information, to see if there are any IRQ
>> conflicts. This can be complicated for the average user. Your best bet is
>> call the tech support for your new card. You can also do some Google
>> searches for this. Maybe there will be some kind of explanation from
>> someone
>> who had the same problem.
>>
>> --
>>
>> JANA
>> _____
>>

>> "LesG" <lesg@clifton.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Computers seem not to like change. I replaced my AGP graphics card with a
>> better one (Sapphire X1650) . Since then my wireless connection (Sitecom
>> WL-171 PCI Card) has disappeared from Network connections and Network
>> Adaptors on device manager and I have had to connect to the internet using
>> my Ethernet cable via my BT HUB.All the Hub lights are showing green.
>> I took the Sitecom card out and put it back in just in case it was not
>> seated properly. It is difficult to use another slot for it if there is
>> some
>> clash happening as it's aerial gets obstructed by connectors from the TV
>> card or graphics card. I reinstalled the latest Sitecom drivers to no
>> avail.
>> Has anyone had a similar problem. I am using XP Pro.

In addition to meerkat's suggestion, try deleting the device in Device
Manager and restart. Or remove then install updated drivers for it.

LesG 09-01-2007 02:01 PM

"Rgr" <abuse@your.isp.com> wrote in message
news:g6idnTAE4qp99UTbnZ2dnUVZ_rfinZ2d@pghconnect.c om...
> LesG wrote:
>> I first tried the Google searches and found similar but without any
>> answer. I tried the Sapphire and ATI web site FAQ's. I have just moved
>> the card to another slot without it being found. System Manager shows a
>> Network Controller with a yellow ?
>> Les
>>
>> "JANA" <jana@NOSPAMca.inter.net> wrote in message
>>> Start by checking with System Information, to see if there are any IRQ
>>> conflicts. This can be complicated for the average user. Your best bet
>>> is to
>>> call the tech support for your new card. You can also do some Google
>>> searches for this. Maybe there will be some kind of explanation from
>>> someone
>>> who had the same problem.
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> JANA
>>> _____
>>>

>>> "LesG" <lesg@clifton.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> Computers seem not to like change. I replaced my AGP graphics card with
>>> better one (Sapphire X1650) . Since then my wireless connection (Sitecom
>>> WL-171 PCI Card) has disappeared from Network connections and Network
>>> Adaptors on device manager and I have had to connect to the internet
>>> using
>>> my Ethernet cable via my BT HUB.All the Hub lights are showing green.
>>> I took the Sitecom card out and put it back in just in case it was not
>>> seated properly. It is difficult to use another slot for it if there is
>>> some
>>> clash happening as it's aerial gets obstructed by connectors from the TV
>>> card or graphics card. I reinstalled the latest Sitecom drivers to no
>>> avail.
>>> Has anyone had a similar problem. I am using XP Pro.

> In addition to meerkat's suggestion, try deleting the device in Device
> Manager and restart. Or remove then install updated drivers for it.

Thank you, sorted.
Les