Velocity Reviews

-   -   Tool to highlight { } usage (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t533568-tool-to-highlight-usage.html)

historystamp@yahoo.com 08-29-2007 07:25 PM

Tool to highlight { } usage

I am looking for a tool to sort out my { } usage and other C
constructs while I am at it. How about some tool which draws lines
between { }?

At time I leave out a } and I am looking for some way of aiding my
finding of the missing }.

Thanks
Robert

rsprawls 08-29-2007 07:43 PM

Re: Tool to highlight { } usage

On Aug 29, 2:25 pm, historyst...@yahoo.com wrote:
> I am looking for a tool to sort out my { } usage and other C
> constructs while I am at it. How about some tool which draws lines
> between { }?
>
> At time I leave out a } and I am looking for some way of aiding my
> finding of the missing }.
>
> Thanks
> Robert

There's a lot of good editors out there that will do this.

Notepad++ draws lines, like you prefer. I use the portable version
that fits on a thumb drive and goes anywhere with me. I like it, but
I wouldn't use it all the time.
Emacs hops the cursor back to the opening brace when type the closing.
This is a skip backward, rather it flashes to let you know what brace
or paren it's matching against.