Velocity Reviews

-   Hardware (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f5-hardware.html)
-   -   Cisco 506E PIX/Firewall Question (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t533511-cisco-506e-pix-firewall-question.html)

Uberwilhelm 08-29-2007 03:43 PM

Cisco 506E PIX/Firewall Question

Hello everyone.

I am configuring our new Cisco 506E PIX/Firewall. I logged into it via the web interface, changed the IP to 10.5.0.11 hit apply and got bumped off (I assume because I changed the IP) but now I can't reconnect to it. I have a laptop connected directly to the device via Ethernet1. I rebooted both laptop and firewall. I verified that the inside IP is set correctly via hyperterminal so why am I not able to reconnect via the web interface?

Many thanks!

tfugnitti 08-29-2007 07:37 PM

did you try making sure your laptop is on the same network as the pix?

Uberwilhelm 08-30-2007 12:30 PM

Sorry, I meant to post my solution. I was not aware that the HTTP address has to match the PDM home address. After many hours of trial I finally got it to work. Thanks!