Velocity Reviews

-   -   Invalid postback or callback argument (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t533272-invalid-postback-or-callback-argument.html)

=?Utf-8?B?R2hpc3Rvcw==?= 08-28-2007 04:06 PM

Invalid postback or callback argument

Another boring question but... canno't find any good answer

I created a user control with a DropDownList inside.

It is loaded in the page_Load event if not postback.

Then, just to verify it, I put it on a aspx page with a label and button.

When I click on the button, all I want is to put the value from the
dropdownlist
in the label. Very basic stuff... but

I receive this #$^@#$^ error :

Invalid postback or callback argument. Event validation is enabled using
<pages enableEventValidation="true"/> in configuration or <%@ Page
EnableEventValidation="true" %> in a page. For security purposes, this
feature verifies that arguments to postback or callback events originate from
the server control that originally rendered them. If the data is valid and
expected, use the ClientScriptManager.RegisterForEventValidation method in
order to register the postback or callback data for validation.

=?Utf-8?B?R2hpc3Rvcw==?= 08-28-2007 07:12 PM

RE: Invalid postback or callback argument

Ok, I solve my problem...

bruce barker 08-28-2007 07:48 PM

Re: Invalid postback or callback argument

this means at postback the dropdown postback value was not a value in
the list.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)