Velocity Reviews

-   -   I like Pan (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t532930-i-like-pan.html)

Hal Clark 08-27-2007 04:23 AM

I like Pan

With Pan you can highlite one or a bunch of posts, in this case all posts
from something calling itself Knut Arvid Keilen or some crap
like that and delete the whole mess.

http://pan.rebelbase.com/

Vanguard 08-27-2007 05:14 AM

Re: I like Pan

"Hal Clark" wrote in message
> With Pan you can highlite one or a bunch of posts, in this case all
> posts
> from something calling itself Knut Arvid Keilen or some crap
> like that and delete the whole mess.
>
> http://pan.rebelbase.com/

Hell, I can do that in OE, too. Use Ctrl+click to select multiple
posts or Shift+click to mark the end of ranges of posts and hit the
Del key (and answer Yes). Poof, all those posts are gone from your
local store. Obviously neither Pan or OE is doing anything to delete
the posts from the NNTP server. A bit tedious to do each time you
revisit the newsgroup. You've heard of killfiling, right?

I use OE but don't consider it a top-line NNTP client (and Thunderbird
is worse than OE regarding rules). If OE can do it then the better
NNTP clients probably also do it. So what makes Pan so special if it
does what all the others already do? It's not like Pan is a new NNTP
client. I guess it is new to *you*.

Evan Platt 08-27-2007 05:25 AM

Re: I like Pan

On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 23:23:01 -0500, Hal Clark <Hal@hal.hal> wrote:

>With Pan you can highlite one or a bunch of posts, in this case all posts
>from something calling itself Knut Arvid Keilen or some crap
>like that and delete the whole mess.

You can do that in just about any newsreader.

I killfiled Knut a long time ago.

elaich 08-27-2007 05:34 AM

Re: I like Pan

Hal Clark <Hal@hal.hal> wrote in news:pan.2007.08.27.04.23.01.78000
@hal.hal:

I hate Pan.

--
A: Because it disturbs the logical flow of the message.
Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?

Blinky the Shark 08-27-2007 05:41 AM

Re: I like Pan

Evan Platt wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 23:23:01 -0500, Hal Clark <Hal@hal.hal> wrote:
>
>>With Pan you can highlite one or a bunch of posts, in this case all
>>posts from something calling itself Knut Arvid Keilen or some crap
>>like that and delete the whole mess.

> You can do that in just about any newsreader.
>
> I killfiled Knut a long time ago.

Doesn't look like he's even filtering. Looks like he's just deleting by
hand every time he sees more of its posts.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Vanguard 08-27-2007 06:15 AM

Re: I like Pan

"elaich" wrote in message news:5jf63cF3u0vtpU1@mid.individual.net...

> I hate Pan.

Aw, come on. Peter was cute in his girly outfit while waving his
girly sword while, ahem, "playing" with his lost boys and eating piles
of beans so he could jet fart across the sky.

Top 08-27-2007 11:43 AM

Re: I like Pan

Hal Clark wrote:

> With Pan you can highlite one or a bunch of posts, in this case all posts
> from something calling itself Knut Arvid Keilen or some crap
> like that and delete the whole mess.
>
> http://pan.rebelbase.com/

lol ... You're not much of a troll.

Cnut 08-27-2007 07:53 PM

Re: I like Pan

"Evan Platt" <evan@*******************************> schreef in bericht
> On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 23:23:01 -0500, Hal Clark <Hal@hal.hal> wrote:
>
>>With Pan you can highlite one or a bunch of posts, in this case all posts
>>from something calling itself Knut Arvid Keilen or some crap
>>like that and delete the whole mess.

> You can do that in just about any newsreader.
>
> I killfiled Knut a long time ago.

No you didn't ;-)