Velocity Reviews

-   -   web cam for mac g4 os X (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t532772-web-cam-for-mac-g4-os-x.html)

don ward 08-26-2007 05:22 AM

web cam for mac g4 os X

my kids and grand kids keep bugging me to get a web cam so we can share
family views across the country and inbetween.
Do i need any special usb web cam for mac osX ?
I know i can use pc mouses on my mac ...
many thanks my kids will appreciate me getting it on.

dnw

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?= 08-26-2007 08:51 AM

Re: web cam for mac g4 os X

don ward wrote:
> my kids and grand kids keep bugging me to get a web cam so we can share
> family views across the country and inbetween.
> Do i need any special usb web cam for mac osX ?
> I know i can use pc mouses on my mac ...
> many thanks my kids will appreciate me getting it on.

Certainly not all webcams are Mac compatible, be sure to check the specs
first. I did a quick check on two of the most popular webcams, Microsoft
and Logitech and neither offered Mac support. But there ARE webcams out
there that are Mac, just do a quick search on Google for "Mac webcam"
and you'll see quite a few. Same goes for a search on eBay.