Velocity Reviews

-   -   dreamweaver alternatives (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t532693-dreamweaver-alternatives.html)

Homeworker 08-25-2007 04:25 PM

dreamweaver alternatives

i simply cant afford the latest dreamever CS3 etc.

i do pretty basic html website , maybe some editing of asp
an i like the upload function in dreamwever better than others i tried

just wondering , anybody came up with a good free
dreamwevaer alternative?

PEG

Beauregard T. Shagnasty 08-25-2007 05:05 PM

Re: dreamweaver alternatives

Homeworker wrote:

> i simply cant afford the latest dreamever CS3 etc.

That's probably a Good Thing™.

> i do pretty basic html website , maybe some editing of asp an i like
> the upload function in dreamwever better than others i tried
> just wondering , anybody came up with a good free dreamwevaer
> alternative?

Try Kompozer. It is a fork of the Mozilla Composer. Pick the version for
your operating system. It is free, and has a "Publish" function.
Personally, I don't use WYSIWYG apps, and code by hand.

http://www.kompozer.net/

If you want a good project manager, and a terrific editor for Windows
users, get Crimson Editor.

http://crimsoneditor.com/

--
-bts

deno 08-25-2007 05:12 PM

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> Homeworker wrote:
>
>> i simply cant afford the latest dreamever CS3 etc.

> That's probably a Good Thing™.
>
>> i do pretty basic html website , maybe some editing of asp an i like
>> the upload function in dreamwever better than others i tried
>> just wondering , anybody came up with a good free dreamwevaer
>> alternative?

> Try Kompozer. It is a fork of the Mozilla Composer. Pick the version for
> your operating system. It is free, and has a "Publish" function.
> Personally, I don't use WYSIWYG apps, and code by hand.
>
> http://www.kompozer.net/
>
> If you want a good project manager, and a terrific editor for Windows
> users, get Crimson Editor.
>
> http://crimsoneditor.com/

I concur on KompoZer, astounding.