Velocity Reviews

-   -   Cannot copy music CDs (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t532353-cannot-copy-music-cds.html)

Kompu Kid 08-25-2007 02:54 AM

Cannot copy music CDs

I hope this is not a repeat post. I thought I posted yesterday but
cannot find it in this group.

I have a new Dell laptop. It has one DVD/CD-R drive. When I insert a
music CD into the drive, I cannot find a direct way of copying the
music CD onto a blank one.

The only way I have been able to copy music is to rip the CD first as
lossless wave files using Windows media player, then burning the wave
files from the computer back on to a blank CD.

Microsoft help files on the web described how to copy a CD when one
has two drives. But there is no mention of a situation like mine

Any advice is appreciated.

Deguza

WhzzKdd 08-25-2007 03:55 AM

Re: Cannot copy music CDs

"Kompu Kid" <deguza@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1188010452.318653.290130@q3g2000prf.googlegro ups.com...
>I hope this is not a repeat post. I thought I posted yesterday but
> cannot find it in this group.
>
> I have a new Dell laptop. It has one DVD/CD-R drive. When I insert a
> music CD into the drive, I cannot find a direct way of copying the
> music CD onto a blank one.
>
> The only way I have been able to copy music is to rip the CD first as
> lossless wave files using Windows media player, then burning the wave
> files from the computer back on to a blank CD.
>
> Microsoft help files on the web described how to copy a CD when one
> has two drives. But there is no mention of a situation like mine
>
> Any advice is appreciated.

If you have a new Dell laptop, you probably have Roxio software (or Sonic
RecordNow) installed from the factory. You use THAT to make copies. It knows
how to do exactly what you want.