Velocity Reviews

-   -   Thunderbird Filters (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t532331-thunderbird-filters.html)

Stanley Eisen 08-24-2007 10:50 PM

Thunderbird Filters

I want to permanently filter all that conspiracy crap that gets
crossposted to every newsgroup every few months.

Will this work? :

Advanced Features / Manage Message Filters

New filter - sender contains "m15*" (without quotes) / delete message.

.... I'm assuming a wildcard like that works? From memory that guy
changes his username but it always seems to contain m15 in it.

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo 08-24-2007 11:37 PM

Re: Thunderbird Filters

Stanley Eisen wrote:
> I want to permanently filter all that conspiracy crap that gets
> crossposted to every newsgroup every few months.
>
> Will this work? :
>
> Advanced Features / Manage Message Filters
>
> New filter - sender contains "m15*" (without quotes) / delete message.
>
> ... I'm assuming a wildcard like that works? From memory that guy
> changes his username but it always seems to contain m15 in it.

sorry, but wildcards don't work. Create one with sender
contains m15, and subject contains m15.

or Reply to Author. Thanks!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Stanley Eisen 08-25-2007 02:17 AM

Re: Thunderbird Filters

> sorry, but wildcards don't work. Create one with sender contains m15,
> and subject contains m15.

Thanks.

Ed Mullen 08-27-2007 04:56 PM

Re: Thunderbird Filters

Stanley Eisen wrote:
>> sorry, but wildcards don't work. Create one with sender contains m15,
>> and subject contains m15.

> Thanks.

And make it M I 5, not M 1 5.

--