Velocity Reviews

-   -   Retake: Vista review (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t532054-retake-vista-review.html)

deno 08-23-2007 07:25 PM

Retake: Vista review

A couple of weeks ago, I was very unhappy with Vista.
In fairness, I'll say I have it running much better now and am
beginning to like it.

Uninstalling NIS, [Norton Internet Security], made a huge change
to the usability and performance of this OS. The next thing was
to ramp up to 1.5 gig of RAM, that also made quite a perceptible
difference, seen immediately in startup time.

I was able to make Regsupremepro work with the assistance of
Macecraft telling me that I had to run it as admin. I've not
really found other software I have running on XP pro that doesn't
run on Vista.

I'll even note the lack of the usually overwhelming
vulnerabilities usually found in Secunia's newsletters the past
two issues.

It was looking grim at first, and I really think MS ought to pull
Symantec off these machines if they don't want this OS to take
such a bad rap. Avast and Nod32 both work very well on
Vista, and I've even found the windows firewall to serve my
purposes best for now. ZA sure partner with it well.

deno

old man 08-23-2007 07:45 PM

Re: Retake: Vista review

Symantec is instaled by users or PC suppliers and not MS

WhzzKdd 08-24-2007 02:02 AM

Re: Retake: Vista review

Heh! Another rather clueless maroon...

Plato 08-24-2007 04:18 AM

Re: Retake: Vista review

deno wrote:

> Uninstalling NIS, [Norton Internet Security], made a huge change
> to the usability and performance of this OS. The next thing was
> to ramp up to 1.5 gig of RAM, that also made quite a perceptible
> difference, seen immediately in startup time.

Agreed. You dont want NIS on a PC.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

old man 08-24-2007 12:07 PM

Re: Retake: Vista review

and that makes you a ?

Mhzjunkie 08-24-2007 01:27 PM

Re: Retake: Vista review

old man spewed out this bit, and i'll scatter a few bits myself:

I wouldn't take that **** if I were you. Raise full out hell sir !

--
Mhzjunkie

1 PRINT "Windows Vista ERROR"
GOTO 1
END

elaich 08-24-2007 01:39 PM

Re: Retake: Vista review

deno <denodens@nospam.operamail.com> wrote in news:46cddf10$0$24770$c3e8da3
@news.astraweb.com:

> A couple of weeks ago, I was very unhappy with Vista.
> In fairness, I'll say I have it running much better now and am
> beginning to like it.

So? You can paint up a 60 year old street walker and make her look like
something you might spend the night with if you were drunk enough.

--
A: Because it disturbs the logical flow of the message.
Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?

Mhzjunkie 08-24-2007 02:46 PM

Re: Retake: Vista review

elaich spewed out this bit, and i'll scatter a few bits myself:

> deno <denodens@nospam.operamail.com> wrote in
> news:46cddf10$0$24770$c3e8da3 @news.astraweb.com:
>
>> A couple of weeks ago, I was very unhappy with Vista.
>> In fairness, I'll say I have it running much better now and am
>> beginning to like it.

> So? You can paint up a 60 year old street walker and make her look
> like something you might spend the night with if you were drunk
> enough.

You've woke up in some strange situations in your lifetime, haven't you ?

--
Mhzjunkie

1 PRINT "Windows Vista ERROR"
GOTO 1
END

WhzzKdd 08-24-2007 06:39 PM

Re: Retake: Vista review

(I was referring to the OP, not you)

nobody > 08-24-2007 10:56 PM

Re: Retake: Vista review

Plato wrote:
> deno wrote:
>> Uninstalling NIS, [Norton Internet Security], made a huge change
>> to the usability and performance of this OS. The next thing was
>> to ramp up to 1.5 gig of RAM, that also made quite a perceptible
>> difference, seen immediately in startup time.

> Agreed. You dont want NIS on a PC.

Or whatever MaCafee calls their version of same.