Velocity Reviews

-   -   What kind of audio files are these and where are they being stored? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t532012-what-kind-of-audio-files-are-these-and-where-are-they-being-stored.html)

Doc 08-23-2007 03:38 PM

What kind of audio files are these and where are they being stored?

Going to this page - click on the blue icon - obviously the files are
being stored somewhere on my system, since they play back immediately
whenever I go back to the site - I'm on 56k dialup. However, I look
for *.mp3 and come up with nothing, nor do I find them searching by
size and date. As good as they sound, they must be large.

http://jordynshellhart.com/music.htm

Thanks

Rebecca 08-23-2007 03:49 PM

Re: What kind of audio files are these and where are they being stored?

Doc wrote:
> Going to this page - click on the blue icon - obviously the files are
> being stored somewhere on my system, since they play back immediately
> whenever I go back to the site - I'm on 56k dialup. However, I look
> for *.mp3 and come up with nothing, nor do I find them searching by
> size and date. As good as they sound, they must be large.

Stupid Idiot.

beamish9@gmail.com 08-23-2007 04:07 PM

On Aug 23, 8:38 am, Doc <docsavag...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Going to this page - click on the blue icon - obviously the files are
> being stored somewhere on my system, since they play back immediately
> whenever I go back to the site - I'm on 56k dialup. However, I look
> for *.mp3 and come up with nothing, nor do I find them searching by
> size and date. As good as they sound, they must be large.
>
> http://jordynshellhart.com/music.htm
>
> Thanks

Hello,
This maybe what is called "streaming audio", not being stored on your
unit.
The player being used on the site: Wimpy Player v 5.3.8
With the proper software you can download "streaming audio".
Use a search engine to find an application to record "streaming
audio".

take care.
beamish.

Bob I 08-23-2007 04:21 PM

Rebecca wrote:

> Doc wrote:
>
>>Going to this page - click on the blue icon - obviously the files are
>>being stored somewhere on my system, since they play back immediately
>>whenever I go back to the site - I'm on 56k dialup. However, I look
>>for *.mp3 and come up with nothing, nor do I find them searching by
>>size and date. As good as they sound, they must be large.

> Stupid Idiot.

1. That's redundant.
2. And your humble is on par with your godlike.

Mike Easter 08-23-2007 04:29 PM

Re: What kind of audio files are these and where are they being stored?

Newsgroups trimmed. Read in 24hshd, replied in 24hshd

Doc wrote:
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, alt.os.windows-xp,
24hoursupport.helpdesk, rec.audio.pro

Why do googlegroupers think their questions are so important or so
complicated that they have to post everything they ask to so many
different groups? There are lots of problems with such crossposting.
You should find one group which is appropriate for your question and ask
it there, not all over the place.

The other problem with such crossposting is that many people will filter
out all such crosspostings; and many newsservers will filter out
anything a googlegrouper sez which is so crossposted. As a result, a
lot less people will see your question to answer it when you crosspost
rambunctiously and irresponsibly. Just because a question /could/ be
asked in any number of groups doesn't mean it /should/ be asked in more
than one. It should be asked only in the 'best' one, considering the
question and considering what you know about the participants in a
group.

> Going to this page - click on the blue icon - obviously the files are
> being stored somewhere on my system, since they play back immediately
> whenever I go back to the site - I'm on 56k dialup. However, I look
> for *.mp3 and come up with nothing, nor do I find them searching by
> size and date. As good as they sound, they must be large.

You can find the files you've played on your system by searching the
Temporary Internet Files for the .mp3

> http://jordynshellhart.com/music.htm

You can find where the website's files are stored in this case by
looking at the source and finding the files named .mp3.

--
Mike Easter - anti-crossposter
Any crossposting with which I disagree

dobey 08-23-2007 04:44 PM

> Rebecca wrote:
>
>> Doc wrote:
>>
>>>Going to this page - click on the blue icon - obviously the files are
>>>being stored somewhere on my system, since they play back immediately
>>>whenever I go back to the site - I'm on 56k dialup. However, I look
>>>for *.mp3 and come up with nothing, nor do I find them searching by
>>>size and date. As good as they sound, they must be large.

>> Stupid Idiot.
>>

> 1. That's redundant.
> 2. And your humble is on par with your godlike.

Maybe they think it is scantily clad spam?

muzician21@yahoo.com 08-23-2007 05:50 PM

On Aug 23, 12:29 pm, "Mike Easter" <Mi...@ster.invalid> wrote:

> Why do googlegroupers think their questions are so important or so
> complicated that they have to post everything they ask to so many
> different groups?

Well, at least one reason is that there are miserable, anal retentive
asshats like you.

> There are lots of problems with such crossposting.

"Because it annoys Mike Easter" isn't a problem.

> You should find one group which is appropriate for your question and ask
> it there, not all over the place.

Getting it in front of numerous eyes in newsgroups where it's logical
to think folks will have some knowledge in the subject is an obvious
and perfectly valid reason. Crossposting was incorporated as part of
the functionality of Google groups, which trumps your ****iness. It's
also made possible for some groups to exclude crossposting, so one
makes sure they don't attempt to crosspost to such a group.

<snip more Easterbabble>

> You can find the files you've played on your system by searching the
> Temporary Internet Files for the .mp3

If you had actually read and comprehended the OP's statement - I know,
that's expecting a lot of you - they already did that and found no
such files.

> Mike Easter - anti-crossposter
> Any crossposting with which I disagree
> has been trimmed away in my own reply

And just to emphasize the impotence of your efforts and generally ****
you off, I've added them back in. Please have a stroke over it.

DIPSHIT

Doc 08-23-2007 05:58 PM

On Aug 23, 12:07 pm, beami...@gmail.com wrote:

> Hello,
> This maybe what is called "streaming audio", not being stored on your
> unit.
> The player being used on the site: Wimpy Player v 5.3.8

No, it must be stored somewhere on the computer. There's a long
download process on the first pass - again, I'm o 56k dialup - but
immediate playback any other time.

I don't find them as .mp3's which makes me think they must be some
other kind of file, perhaps native to the player? But I would think
they're going to be around the same size as .mp3s.

Mike Easter 08-23-2007 06:02 PM

muzician21@yahoo.com wrote:

>"Mike Easter"

>> You can find the files you've played on your system by searching the
>> Temporary Internet Files for the .mp3

> If you had actually read and comprehended the OP's statement - I know,
> that's expecting a lot of you - they already did that and found no
> such files.

Here I am talking to another crossposting googlegrouper. Why don't I
listed to Blinky?

He was wrong. And you are wrong too. I listened to the .mp3/s. They
were in my temp files as I described correctly. You apparently did not
research your answer adequately because you were too busy thinking about
something else to whine about.

--
Mike Easter

dadiOH 08-23-2007 06:03 PM

Doc wrote:
> Going to this page - click on the blue icon - obviously the files
> are being stored somewhere on my system, since they play back
> immediately whenever I go back to the site - I'm on 56k dialup.
> However, I look for *.mp3 and come up with nothing, nor do I find
> them searching by size and date. As good as they sound, they must
> be large.

As another poster said, they are stored in "temporary internet files".
Size and quality may vary according to the speed of your
connection...with my broadband they are 160 kbps. With your dial up
they may be - but not necessarily are - lower in kbps so that the
downloading speed can keep up with or surpass the playing.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...