Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Computer Support (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f33-computer-support.html)
-   -   Dvd/Cd Re-writer (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t531968-dvd-cd-re-writer.html)

Peter 08-23-2007 12:30 PM

Dvd/Cd Re-writer
 
My DVD/CD re-writer will not write to any DVD or CD disc I attempt to write
to. I have replaced the re-writer with a brand new one but still have the
same problem. However it plays pre-recorded movies and music discs. Any help
as to what the problem may be would be appreciated.

Pete



ded 08-23-2007 12:55 PM

Re: Dvd/Cd Re-writer
 

"Peter" <pvwgray@btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:raSdnaJcxph64FDbRVnyggA@bt.com...
> My DVD/CD re-writer will not write to any DVD or CD disc I attempt to
> write to. I have replaced the re-writer with a brand new one but still
> have the same problem. However it plays pre-recorded movies and music
> discs. Any help as to what the problem may be would be appreciated.
>
> Pete
>


Was the original burner ever able to write to a recordable disk?
What exactly are you doing, what software, what type of disk are you trying
to burn, are there error messages, what operating system?
When you place a blank recordable disk in tray does explorer recognise it?
With a new burner, it is often just a firmware update thats required to
recognise
the ever expanding range of different makes of media from anywhere from
Taiwan through to Eastern Europe.




olfart 08-23-2007 01:45 PM

Re: Dvd/Cd Re-writer
 

"Peter" <pvwgray@btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:raSdnaJcxph64FDbRVnyggA@bt.com...
> My DVD/CD re-writer will not write to any DVD or CD disc I attempt to
> write to. I have replaced the re-writer with a brand new one but still
> have the same problem. However it plays pre-recorded movies and music
> discs. Any help as to what the problem may be would be appreciated.
>
> Pete
>


What O/S??

What Burning Software??? Have you tried reinstalling the software???



Peter 08-23-2007 02:43 PM

Re: Dvd/Cd Re-writer
 
Sorry I should have said O/S is XP and I have tried Nero & Sonic with the
same results, I haven't tried re-installing the software. I have been able
to write to discs before on this computer. I have tried Philips DVD+RW,
Woolworths CD Writer, Verbatim DVD+RW and Verbatim CD-RW. Thanks for your
replies.

Peter

"olfart" <olfart65@excite.com> wrote in message
news:5j5hbuF3qdtlhU1@mid.individual.net...
>
> "Peter" <pvwgray@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> news:raSdnaJcxph64FDbRVnyggA@bt.com...
>> My DVD/CD re-writer will not write to any DVD or CD disc I attempt to
>> write to. I have replaced the re-writer with a brand new one but still
>> have the same problem. However it plays pre-recorded movies and music
>> discs. Any help as to what the problem may be would be appreciated.
>>
>> Pete
>>

>
> What O/S??
>
> What Burning Software??? Have you tried reinstalling the software???
>




dadiOH 08-23-2007 03:17 PM

Re: Dvd/Cd Re-writer
 
Peter wrote:
> Sorry I should have said O/S is XP


WinXP has no ASPI drivers. It may work better with them.
http://aspi.radified.com/


--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
....a help file of info about MP3s, recording from
LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that.
Get it at http://mysite.verizon.net/xico




ded 08-23-2007 06:14 PM

Re: Dvd/Cd Re-writer
 

"Peter" <pvwgrayREMOVE@THISbtinternet.com> wrote in message
news:LeednSUX8-mQAFDbnZ2dnUVZ8q2dnZ2d@bt.com...
> Sorry I should have said O/S is XP and I have tried Nero & Sonic with the
> same results, I haven't tried re-installing the software. I have been able
> to write to discs before on this computer. I have tried Philips DVD+RW,
> Woolworths CD Writer, Verbatim DVD+RW and Verbatim CD-RW. Thanks for your
> replies.
>
> Peter
>


OK Peter, first try to follow the flow of the thread, it is much easier if
you
don't top post, your reply goes below mine as mine did yours, etc
You appear to be using your default email account with BT to post into
usenet - see above how I've munged your addy, anyone who wants to
email you will know to remove "remove this", but automated bots won't.
Munging your addy is a basic method of avoiding spam flooding your inbox.

Your burner problem, lets do basics first.
Place a blank disk in tray, close and leave for 30-60 seconds.
You may hear some whirring etc
Double click "My Computer"
Listed will be drives etc, and capacity and free space etc.
Is the DVD writer listed, and does it detail that it recognises a blank disk
is loaded - it will detail free space available.




Peter 08-23-2007 08:23 PM

Re: Dvd/Cd Re-writer
 

"ded" <none@invalid.witheld> wrote in message news:fakiqp$tgl$1@aioe.org...
>
> "Peter" <pvwgrayREMOVE@THISbtinternet.com> wrote in message
> news:LeednSUX8-mQAFDbnZ2dnUVZ8q2dnZ2d@bt.com...
>> Sorry I should have said O/S is XP and I have tried Nero & Sonic with the
>> same results, I haven't tried re-installing the software. I have been
>> able to write to discs before on this computer. I have tried Philips
>> DVD+RW, Woolworths CD Writer, Verbatim DVD+RW and Verbatim CD-RW. Thanks
>> for your replies.
>>
>> Peter
>>

>
> OK Peter, first try to follow the flow of the thread, it is much easier if
> you
> don't top post, your reply goes below mine as mine did yours, etc
> You appear to be using your default email account with BT to post into
> usenet - see above how I've munged your addy, anyone who wants to
> email you will know to remove "remove this", but automated bots won't.
> Munging your addy is a basic method of avoiding spam flooding your inbox.
>
> Your burner problem, lets do basics first.
> Place a blank disk in tray, close and leave for 30-60 seconds.
> You may hear some whirring etc
> Double click "My Computer"
> Listed will be drives etc, and capacity and free space etc.
> Is the DVD writer listed, and does it detail that it recognises a blank
> disk
> is loaded - it will detail free space available.
>
> Thanks for your help, I have done as you suggested above and it does
> recognise the blank disc it shows up as 702 MB and 702 MB free space.


Peter
>




ded 08-23-2007 08:55 PM

Re: Dvd/Cd Re-writer
 

"Peter" <MUNGED@btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:tt-dncauMcVWcVDbRVnytAA@bt.com...
>


Snip

>>
>> Your burner problem, lets do basics first.
>> Place a blank disk in tray, close and leave for 30-60 seconds.
>> You may hear some whirring etc
>> Double click "My Computer"
>> Listed will be drives etc, and capacity and free space etc.
>> Is the DVD writer listed, and does it detail that it recognises a blank
>> disk
>> is loaded - it will detail free space available.
>>
>> Thanks for your help, I have done as you suggested above and it does
>> recognise the blank disc it shows up as 702 MB and 702 MB free space.

>
> Peter


So it's not a firmware issue, the disk is recognised.
OK, now try and explain exactly how you try to burn a disk.
Is it both audio CD's and DVD-video that fail during burn process,
Can you create data disks.
The meterial you are using to try and copy to disk, are you aware if they
maybe copy protected - Digital Rights Management.
Give an example, such as are the media files in a folder on your hard drive
or are you attempting to copy from another disk in other DVD drive?
With CD audio, what file type are the media you are using to try and create
CD
Are they WAV or CDA, or are you trying to burn an *audio CD* with MP3's,
With DVD-video, are the media file types compatible, example being are you
trying to burn a DVD-Video using downloaded Divx, RM, or .mov file types?
Does your burning software recognise the burner and that a blank disk
is inserted, what error messages do you receive when burning fails.
Be precise and supply details.






Peter 08-24-2007 12:04 PM

Re: Dvd/Cd Re-writer
 

"ded" <none@invalid.witheld> wrote in message news:fakiqp$tgl$1@aioe.org...
>
> "Peter" <pvwgrayREMOVE@THISbtinternet.com> wrote in message
> news:LeednSUX8-mQAFDbnZ2dnUVZ8q2dnZ2d@bt.com...
>> Sorry I should have said O/S is XP and I have tried Nero & Sonic with the
>> same results, I haven't tried re-installing the software. I have been
>> able to write to discs before on this computer. I have tried Philips
>> DVD+RW, Woolworths CD Writer, Verbatim DVD+RW and Verbatim CD-RW. Thanks
>> for your replies.
>>
>> Peter
>>

>
> OK Peter, first try to follow the flow of the thread, it is much easier if
> you
> don't top post, your reply goes below mine as mine did yours, etc
> You appear to be using your default email account with BT to post into
> usenet - see above how I've munged your addy, anyone who wants to
> email you will know to remove "remove this", but automated bots won't.
> Munging your addy is a basic method of avoiding spam flooding your inbox.
>
> Your burner problem, lets do basics first.
> Place a blank disk in tray, close and leave for 30-60 seconds.
> You may hear some whirring etc
> Double click "My Computer"
> Listed will be drives etc, and capacity and free space etc.
> Is the DVD writer listed, and does it detail that it recognises a blank
> disk
> is loaded - it will detail free space available.


Ded, How do I mung my e-mail address please, I am new to this.

Peter
>
>
>




ded 08-24-2007 01:30 PM

Re: Dvd/Cd Re-writer
 

"Peter" <removed> wrote in message
news:X5qdnV3MIpjOVFPbnZ2dnUVZ8tyqnZ2d@bt.com...
>


snip

>
> Ded, How do I mung my e-mail address please, I am new to this.
>
> Peter
>>
>>

You're using Outlook Express.
Click on: Tools>Accounts
In the ensuing dialog click on the "News" Tab
This will detail what is used to post to usenet (here)
You will see your account, click on it once so as to highlight it
Then click on the "Properties" button
In the properties dialog under General tab you will see your
email address listed.
You can mung it as in the example so as real posters know what
to remove so as to reply, or you can enter a fake email addy if
you don't want anyone in usent to email you direct, or enter a
"disaposable" email account such as hotmail or yahoo etc.
Once you have made the change, click the Apply button then the OK button.

This munging of your BT email addy is only in effect for usenet/ng posts
it dosen't effect your email addy in any other context.

If you enter a fake email addy for usenet/ng posting, be careful not
to infringe on any possible real addy.
The usual bog standard type of fake email for usent posting would
be something like "witheld@witheld.invalid"







All times are GMT. The time now is 04:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.