Velocity Reviews

-   -   Interview question on Icmp (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t531647-interview-question-on-icmp.html)

linuxsrbabu@gmail.com 08-22-2007 07:39 AM

Interview question on Icmp

Hi all,
can any one please answer this question
1) If i ping to google.com there might be several routers in between
let us say R1, R2,R3,R4
what happens when packet visits R1,R2,R3,R4 do we get reply packets
from there to r from direct google.com
2) if Tracert to google what happens when the request packet visits at
respective routers

santosh 08-22-2007 08:57 AM

Re: Interview question on Icmp

linuxsrbabu@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi all,
> can any one please answer this question
> 1) If i ping to google.com there might be several routers in between
> let us say R1, R2,R3,R4
> what happens when packet visits R1,R2,R3,R4 do we get reply packets
> from there to r from direct google.com
> 2) if Tracert to google what happens when the request packet visits at
> respective routers

Ask in a Linux or network group.