Velocity Reviews

-   -   Wireless PC & Router (Home Network) XP (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t531587-wireless-pc-and-router-home-network-xp.html)

TheStoneCrusher 08-21-2007 11:29 PM

Wireless PC & Router (Home Network) XP

I worked to secure my router (Linksys WRT54GP2) and when I had finished my
wireless Toshiba laptop could not get on the internet. The other two PCs
are hard wired. When I try to access the internet a utility tells me to
turn on the wireless communication switch - it's on!

I contacted Linksys and they walked me through the security setup. It
turned out I had done it correctly. They worked for over an hour on line
and could not get the wireless laptop to function properly. They told me to
contact Microsoft or Toshiba. The laptop had been working fine before my
episode.

Can anyone make suggestions that might address this problem?

Goodwill,
Luke

P.S. They gave up at the point when the msg from the laptop indicated that
we would have to use Windows Zero (something) to solve the problem. We
tried but at the last step it would not go through.

Doug 08-22-2007 01:53 AM

Re: Wireless PC & Router (Home Network) XP

TheStoneCrusher wrote:
> When I try to access the internet a utility tells me to
> turn on the wireless communication switch - it's on!

Do you have an old wireless card in your laptop? The old cards can't
read WPA and WPA2 security protocols.