Velocity Reviews

-   -   Windows Xp and RAW image files.. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t530425-windows-xp-and-raw-image-files.html)

the_niner_nation 08-19-2007 07:45 PM

Windows Xp and RAW image files..

Hi..is there any way of getting windows to 'recognise' in thumbnail form '
RAW' images taken from a digital camera?

I am trying to organise the ' my pictures' folder and have to use a RAW
editing software to see whats in the sub-folders as windows dosn't recognise
RAW.

Im not looking to manipulate or edit these images using windows, but looking
for soemhting that will display a RAW file as a thumbnail etc...

thanks

meerkat 08-19-2007 07:54 PM

Re: Windows Xp and RAW image files..

"the_niner_nation" <the_niner_nation@sf49ers.com> wrote in message
news:46c891c6$0$16386$88260bb3@free.teranews.com.. .
> Hi..is there any way of getting windows to 'recognise' in thumbnail form '
> RAW' images taken from a digital camera?
>
> I am trying to organise the ' my pictures' folder and have to use a RAW
> editing software to see whats in the sub-folders as windows dosn't
> recognise RAW.
>
> Im not looking to manipulate or edit these images using windows, but
> looking for soemhting that will display a RAW file as a thumbnail etc...

Hope this will help...
http://www.graphicregion.com/ablerawer.htm

philo 08-19-2007 07:55 PM

Re: Windows Xp and RAW image files..

"the_niner_nation" <the_niner_nation@sf49ers.com> wrote in message
news:46c891c6$0$16386$88260bb3@free.teranews.com.. .
> Hi..is there any way of getting windows to 'recognise' in thumbnail form '
> RAW' images taken from a digital camera?
>
> I am trying to organise the ' my pictures' folder and have to use a RAW
> editing software to see whats in the sub-folders as windows dosn't

recognise
> RAW.
>
> Im not looking to manipulate or edit these images using windows, but

looking
> for soemhting that will display a RAW file as a thumbnail etc...
>
> thanks

this should do it I'd think

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...photo/raw.mspx

why? 08-19-2007 07:55 PM

On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 20:45:33 +0100, the_niner_nation wrote:

>Hi..is there any way of getting windows to 'recognise' in thumbnail form '
>RAW' images taken from a digital camera?
>
>I am trying to organise the ' my pictures' folder and have to use a RAW
>editing software to see whats in the sub-folders as windows dosn't recognise
>RAW.
>
>Im not looking to manipulate or edit these images using windows, but looking
>for soemhting that will display a RAW file as a thumbnail etc...

You have searched past posts in 24HSHD
http://groups.google.com/group/24hou...elpdesk/topics
and found the often mentioned
http://www.irfanview.com/ ?

>thanks

Me

WhzzKdd 08-19-2007 08:03 PM

Re: Windows Xp and RAW image files..

"the_niner_nation" <the_niner_nation@sf49ers.com> wrote in message
news:46c891c6$0$16386$88260bb3@free.teranews.com.. .
> Hi..is there any way of getting windows to 'recognise' in thumbnail form '
> RAW' images taken from a digital camera?
>
> I am trying to organise the ' my pictures' folder and have to use a RAW
> editing software to see whats in the sub-folders as windows dosn't
> recognise RAW.
>
> Im not looking to manipulate or edit these images using windows, but
> looking for soemhting that will display a RAW file as a thumbnail etc...
>
> thanks

Try your camera manufacturer's web site. I have a Canon EOS 20D, and
installed the codec they provided, which gives me thumbnails and
compatibility with the Windows Photo Gallery.