Velocity Reviews

-   -   OE6 menu speed query (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t529870-oe6-menu-speed-query.html)

Paul Burdett 08-17-2007 09:36 AM

OE6 menu speed query

Hi all,

I reformatted my computer...done this before, so no problems...however, when
collapsing a menu in, say a newsgroup thread, the menu collapses slowly.
Also when deleting a number of emails the same thing happens. Things used to
collapse or delete very quickly. I've compacted all folders etc.(Running XP
home.). Is there a way to speed up the menu delete/copllapse?
Cheers,
Paul

WhzzKdd 08-17-2007 07:05 PM

Re: OE6 menu speed query

"Paul Burdett" <pburdett@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
news:46c56c1b$0$15276$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.a u...
> Hi all,
>
> I reformatted my computer...done this before, so no problems...however,
> when collapsing a menu in, say a newsgroup thread, the menu collapses
> slowly. Also when deleting a number of emails the same thing happens.
> Things used to collapse or delete very quickly. I've compacted all folders
> etc.(Running XP home.). Is there a way to speed up the menu
> delete/copllapse?
> Cheers,
> Paul

XP home - I turn off most of the "eye candy" from MS. Right-click on "My
Computer", select "Properties". Click on the "Advanced" tab, then in the
"Performance" click Settings. In there, I turn off pretty much everything.
At work, so the PCs "look" like XP, I leave the last three in the list
turned on.

Paul Burdett 08-17-2007 11:37 PM

Re: OE6 menu speed query

> "Paul Burdett" <pburdett@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> news:46c56c1b$0$15276$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.a u...
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I reformatted my computer...done this before, so no problems...however,
>> when collapsing a menu in, say a newsgroup thread, the menu collapses
>> slowly. Also when deleting a number of emails the same thing happens.
>> Things used to collapse or delete very quickly. I've compacted all
>> folders etc.(Running XP home.). Is there a way to speed up the menu
>> delete/copllapse?
>> Cheers,
>> Paul

> XP home - I turn off most of the "eye candy" from MS. Right-click on "My
> Computer", select "Properties". Click on the "Advanced" tab, then in the
> "Performance" click Settings. In there, I turn off pretty much everything.
> At work, so the PCs "look" like XP, I leave the last three in the list
> turned on.

Hi,
Tried that...no difference. Thanks anyway.
paul

Paul Burdett 08-18-2007 06:27 AM

Re: OE6 menu speed query

> "Paul Burdett" <pburdett@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> news:46c56c1b$0$15276$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.a u...
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I reformatted my computer...done this before, so no problems...however,
>> when collapsing a menu in, say a newsgroup thread, the menu collapses
>> slowly. Also when deleting a number of emails the same thing happens.
>> Things used to collapse or delete very quickly. I've compacted all
>> folders etc.(Running XP home.). Is there a way to speed up the menu
>> delete/copllapse?
>> Cheers,
>> Paul

> XP home - I turn off most of the "eye candy" from MS. Right-click on "My
> Computer", select "Properties". Click on the "Advanced" tab, then in the
> "Performance" click Settings. In there, I turn off pretty much everything.
> At work, so the PCs "look" like XP, I leave the last three in the list
> turned on.

Hi,
Tried all that...no improvement. It's the thread list that collapses slowly
by the way.

WhzzKdd 08-19-2007 01:08 AM

Re: OE6 menu speed query

"Paul Burdett" <pburdett@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
news:46c69171$0$13888$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.a u...

> "WhzzKdd" <frack_this@email_is.invalid> wrote in message
>> "Paul Burdett" <pburdett@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>> news:46c56c1b$0$15276$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.a u...
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I reformatted my computer...done this before, so no problems...however,
>>> when collapsing a menu in, say a newsgroup thread, the menu collapses
>>> slowly. Also when deleting a number of emails the same thing happens.
>>> Things used to collapse or delete very quickly. I've compacted all
>>> folders etc.(Running XP home.). Is there a way to speed up the menu
>>> delete/copllapse?
>>> Cheers,
>>> Paul

>> XP home - I turn off most of the "eye candy" from MS. Right-click on "My
>> Computer", select "Properties". Click on the "Advanced" tab, then in the
>> "Performance" click Settings. In there, I turn off pretty much
>> everything. At work, so the PCs "look" like XP, I leave the last three in
>> the list turned on.
>>

> Hi,
> Tried all that...no improvement. It's the thread list that collapses
> slowly by the way.

Have you tried the maintenance tools in OE? Compact it.

Paul Burdett 08-19-2007 01:45 AM

Re: OE6 menu speed query

> "Paul Burdett" <pburdett@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> news:46c69171$0$13888$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.a u...
>>
>> "WhzzKdd" <frack_this@email_is.invalid> wrote in message
>>> "Paul Burdett" <pburdett@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>>> news:46c56c1b$0$15276$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.a u...

>>> XP home - I turn off most of the "eye candy" from MS. Right-click on "My
>>> Computer", select "Properties". Click on the "Advanced" tab, then in the
>>> "Performance" click Settings. In there, I turn off pretty much
>>> everything. At work, so the PCs "look" like XP, I leave the last three
>>> in the list turned on.
>>>

>> Hi,
>> Tried all that...no improvement. It's the thread list that collapses
>> slowly by the way.
>>>

> Have you tried the maintenance tools in OE? Compact it.

Yes..no improvement.
Cheers!

WhzzKdd 08-19-2007 01:47 AM

Re: OE6 menu speed query

"Paul Burdett" <pburdett@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
news:46c7a0cb$0$31086$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.a u...

> "WhzzKdd" <frack_this@email_is.invalid> wrote in message
>> "Paul Burdett" <pburdett@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>> news:46c69171$0$13888$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.a u...
>>>
>>> "WhzzKdd" <frack_this@email_is.invalid> wrote in message

>>> Hi,
>>> Tried all that...no improvement. It's the thread list that collapses
>>> slowly by the way.
>>>>

>> Have you tried the maintenance tools in OE? Compact it.

> Yes..no improvement.
> Cheers!

Bummer.

Paul Burdett 08-20-2007 09:26 AM

Re: OE6 menu speed query

> "Paul Burdett" <pburdett@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> news:46c7a0cb$0$31086$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.a u...
>>
>> "WhzzKdd" <frack_this@email_is.invalid> wrote in message
>>> "Paul Burdett" <pburdett@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>>> news:46c69171$0$13888$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.a u...

>>> Have you tried the maintenance tools in OE? Compact it.

>> Yes..no improvement.
>> Cheers!
>>

> Bummer.

All fixed! Just changed display settings to 16bit from 32 bit colour!

WhzzKdd 08-20-2007 06:44 PM

Re: OE6 menu speed query

"Paul Burdett" <pburdett@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
news:46c95e47$0$31086$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.a u...

> "WhzzKdd" <frack_this@email_is.invalid> wrote in message
>> "Paul Burdett" <pburdett@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>> news:46c7a0cb$0$31086$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.a u...
>>>
>>> "WhzzKdd" <frack_this@email_is.invalid> wrote in message

>>> Yes..no improvement.
>>> Cheers!
>>>

>> Bummer.
>>

> All fixed! Just changed display settings to 16bit from 32 bit colour!

Heh! Never would have thought of that one. Congrats!