Velocity Reviews

-   -   Verify a Web site's integrity? Validity? Sincerity? Et cetera? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t528605-verify-a-web-sites-integrity-validity-sincerity-et-cetera.html)

-Lost 08-12-2007 08:30 AM

Verify a Web site's integrity? Validity? Sincerity? Et cetera?

I'm aware of all the standard phishing schemes and of a couple sites and
plug-ins and whatnot that help you spot a scamming site, but my question
is this.

Are there sites that can tell me detailed information? Such as if there
have ever been any bad reports about the site? Revoked certificates
(without me having to check each and every one in my browser)? And so
forth?

I seem to remember a site that once explained a long list of things you
could do to verify a Web site's identify, but have since lost the link.

Basically, anything that can help me spot some BS in progress, besides
just phishing would be great.

For example, http://www.tvboxset.com/ is BS. I know this (there are
several reasons why), but the average person may not be wise enough to
spot certain trademark BS aspects.

How would *that* person know that TVBoxSet dot com is shite?

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov 08-12-2007 05:13 PM

Re: Verify a Web site's integrity? Validity? Sincerity? Et cetera?

"-Lost" <maventheextrawords@techie.com> wrote:

>I'm aware of all the standard phishing schemes and of a couple sites and
>plug-ins and whatnot that help you spot a scamming site, but my question
>is this.
>
>Are there sites that can tell me detailed information? Such as if there
>have ever been any bad reports about the site? Revoked certificates
>(without me having to check each and every one in my browser)? And so
>forth?

Opera has a ! behind each link, if you click on it is suppose to warn
you of a site being not being what it says it is.

Your link http://www.tvboxset.com/ says it's not secure (no
encryption) and

"Verified Site

This site has been verified by a trusted third party and is not listed
on Opera's blacklist of suspected fraud sites.

Please report this site if you believe it should be blacklisted."

TrustWatch and PhishTank are involved in some way as they are
mentioned at the bottom.

FireFox may have some sort of plugin that does the same thing, but
until you asked I never used it.
--
I will Heel You
http://www.boredtodeath.co.uk/pictur...earpromise.jpg