Velocity Reviews

-   -   Multiple Domain names on one pc (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t528228-multiple-domain-names-on-one-pc.html)

=?Utf-8?B?Sk9IQU4=?= 08-10-2007 09:16 AM

Multiple Domain names on one pc

This question have been asked in previously by others, but I cannot seem to
get a clear answer : Is it possible to assign 2 network domain names to a pc?
I will suggest no, but heres the problem: We have several designers working
in 2 different offices, obviously 2 different networks servers, and they move
on a daily basis between the 2 offices, accessing data on the network, as
well as their email. (they also have 2 mail accounts, 1 at each mail server).
For now, when coming into office 1, we change the domain name, linking it to
user profile 1, same when they are in office 2.
Problem arises when there are no-one to help them to do this. It is also not
an option to try and teach them to do it themselves. It might be a easy and
quick operation, but one must be mindful that there are people that basicly
only know where the on button is on the pc, and that they must click this
icon to access their program. They are brilliant in their respective fields
and their respective programs, but that where its stays.

Can one maybe set 2 user accounts, each with a different network domain
name, and these user accoutns applying the network settings and so on for
each location?

Robert L [MVP - Networking] 08-10-2007 12:40 PM

Re: Multiple Domain names on one pc

You don't need to join two domains. What you need to do is using the domain username to logon the computer. This search result may help,

Domain FAQsHow configure TCP/IP to access to different networks How to access different domain without changing the network settings How to change the network ...
http://www.chicagotech.net/domainfaqs.htm

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE

maxtaurus1 12-21-2008 08:26 PM

maxtaurus1 12-21-2008 08:26 PM