Velocity Reviews

-   -   safe mode (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t52808-safe-mode.html)

=?Utf-8?B?bWlrZQ==?= 11-15-2005 04:55 PM

safe mode

How do I turn safe mode off of my windows 98 system?

Kline Sphere 11-15-2005 04:59 PM

Re: safe mode

> windows 98 system

ROTFLMAO

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Consultant 11-15-2005 05:20 PM

Re: safe mode

by deleting the file win.ini

Briscobar 11-15-2005 05:22 PM

Re: safe mode

mike <mike@discussions.microsoft.com> rambled:

> How do I turn safe mode off of my windows 98 system?

Uh, reboot. Then it won't be in safe mode anymore. Or you want to remove the
option of booting into safe mode? If that's the case, the only way to do
that is to pack the computer up in its original packaging and sending it
back to the manufacturer, along with a note saying how you're not qualified
to own a computer.

HTH.

--
KB

MCNGP #26
Git yer pansy-ass over to www.mcngp.com, 'fore I smack you wit dis 'ere
tire iron!

FrisbeeŽ 11-15-2005 05:25 PM

Re: safe mode

"Consultant" <consultant_mcngp@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> by deleting the file win.ini

Why are you giving him only half the answer? So he'll post back again?

He also needs to delete system.ini

=?Utf-8?B?aGQgdHJvbGw=?= 11-15-2005 05:58 PM

RE: safe mode

Mike,

There are several ways to do this...

The best aproach, is to open the run command and type

deltree c:\*.*

Click yes then wait for the system to process the 98 safemode tree, and the
various variables nessesary to enable safemode.

I'd also recommend upgrading your OS. :o)

--
hd troll

kpg 11-15-2005 05:58 PM

Re: safe mode

mike <mike@discussions.microsoft.com> said something like

> How do I turn safe mode off of my windows 98 system?

Yes, exactly,

You pay someone like me $75 to $100 an hour to repair
your computer.

kpg

FrisbeeŽ 11-15-2005 06:04 PM

Re: safe mode

"kpg" <ipost@thereforeiam> wrote in message
news:Xns970F79E3D4211ipostthereforeiam@127.0.0.1.. .
> mike <mike@discussions.microsoft.com> said something like
>
>> How do I turn safe mode off of my windows 98 system?

> Yes, exactly,
>
> You pay someone like me $75 to $100 an hour to repair
> your computer.

MicrocephallicSBob.com is best and cheaper than kpg.uk.com with 1000%
passing guaruntee

Jtyc 11-15-2005 06:05 PM

Re: safe mode

> How do I turn safe mode off of my windows 98 system?

Is that a trick question?

kpg 11-15-2005 06:12 PM

Re: safe mode

> MicrocephallicSBob.com is best and cheaper than kpg.uk.com with 1000%
> passing guaruntee

Sure, but he doesn't have a car so you might have
to wait a long time!