Velocity Reviews

-   -   OT: Happy Birthday (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t52775-ot-happy-birthday.html)

Jtyc 11-10-2005 03:27 PM

OT: Happy Birthday

Happy 230th to the United States Marine Corp!

Semper Fidelis

kpg 11-10-2005 03:42 PM

Re: OT: Happy Birthday

Jtyc <yo@respondtothegroup.com> said something like

> Happy 230th to the United States Marine Corp!

Pop quiz:

What was the name of the tavern where the Corps started?

Jtyc 11-10-2005 03:52 PM

Re: OT: Happy Birthday

> What was the name of the tavern where the Corps started?

I know so I won't ruin it.

FrisbeeŽ 11-10-2005 04:01 PM

Re: OT: Happy Birthday

"Jtyc" <yo@respondtothegroup.com> wrote in message
>> What was the name of the tavern where the Corps started?

> I know so I won't ruin it.

The Dew Drop Inn?

FrisbeeŽ 11-10-2005 04:02 PM

Re: Happy Birthday

> Happy 230th to the United States Marine Corp!

You don't look a day over 80 to me.

Jtyc 11-10-2005 04:15 PM

Re: Happy Birthday

> You don't look a day over 80 to me.

Thanks!

I work out.

Jtyc 11-10-2005 08:45 PM

Re: OT: Happy Birthday

> The Dew Drop Inn?

You guys are terrible at this.

Answer: Tunn Tavern

Neil 11-10-2005 09:02 PM

Re: OT: Happy Birthday

did you hear "Jtyc" <yo@respondtothegroup.com> say in news:Og5oiej5FHA.2552
@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl:

>> The Dew Drop Inn?

> You guys are terrible at this.
>
> Answer: Tunn Tavern

hate to correct a marine and all but:

http://www.tun-tavern.com/

--
Neil MCNGP#30

- WYSIWIT - What You See Is What I Typed

kpg 11-10-2005 09:03 PM

Re: OT: Happy Birthday

On November 10, 1775, the Continental Congress commissioned
Samuel Nicholas to raise two Battalions of Marines. That very
day, Nicholas set up shop in Tun Tavern. He appointed Robert
Mullan, the proprietor of the tavern, to the job of chief Marine
Recruiter -- serving, of course, from his place of business at
Tun Tavern. Prospective recruits flocked to the tavern, lured
by (1) cold beer and (2) the opportunity to serve in the new
Corps of Marines. So, yes, the U.S. Marine Corps was indeed
born in Tun Tavern.

Semper Fi

Jtyc 11-10-2005 10:13 PM

Re: OT: Happy Birthday