Velocity Reviews

-   -   Frame on asp.net 2.0 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t527366-frame-on-asp-net-2-0-a.html)

Paulo 08-06-2007 06:41 PM

Frame on asp.net 2.0

Hi, I need to convert a classic asp application wich uses html frame, can I
use frames on asp.net 2.0 VS 2005? How can I pass values from 1 frame to
another?
Any materials?

What do you suggest?

Thanks

George Ter-Saakov 08-06-2007 07:51 PM

Re: Frame on asp.net 2.0

1. Yes, you can use frames with asp.net
2. How do you pass values from 1 frame to another right now in classic asp?
Same way you can do it with asp.net
3. I suggest not to use frames. Look at MasterPages first.
4. Material: Visit asp.net and go to "learning" tab.

George.

Mark Rae [MVP] 08-06-2007 08:14 PM

Re: Frame on asp.net 2.0

"Paulo" <prbspfc@uol.com.br> wrote in message

> Hi, I need to convert a classic asp application wich uses html frame, can
> I use frames on asp.net 2.0 VS 2005?

Yes you can... Frames are part of the HTML specification, not inherent to
ASP.NET...

> How can I pass values from 1 frame to another?

Same way as you do in ASP Classic i.e. with client-side JavaScript.

> What do you suggest?

Advances in ASP.NET have meant that frames are not usually necessary any
more. If your requirement for frames is to provide a "skeleton" page
framework where e.g. the header, side menu and footer remain constant but
the "central" content changes, then you would do well to consider
MasterPages instead...

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP