Velocity Reviews

-   -   Can't Uninstall Google Earth (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t527191-cant-uninstall-google-earth.html)

diggerodell@gmail.com 08-06-2007 02:21 AM

Can't Uninstall Google Earth

Suffice it say that I got hooked on Google Earth. Two days ago, my
login gets blocked by a popup saying that I first have to download and
run their Updater software. The Updater then triggers a 4 hour
download/install, after which, the unsettling pronouncement that it
can't do the installation until the older version is uninstalled.

There is no uninstall subroutine so I try running the Windows
Uninstall software and, again, nothing budges.

The only option I see left is to do a PROGRAM WIPE using Symantic's
SYSTEM WORKS. But something tells me that this could lead to
problems since it isn't a true uninstall.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Digger

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov 08-06-2007 02:53 AM

Re: Can't Uninstall Google Earth

"diggerodell@gmail.com" <diggerodell@gmail.com> wrote:

>Suffice it say that I got hooked on Google Earth. Two days ago, my
>login gets blocked by a popup saying that I first have to download and
>run their Updater software. The Updater then triggers a 4 hour
>download/install, after which, the unsettling pronouncement that it
>can't do the installation until the older version is uninstalled.
>
>There is no uninstall subroutine so I try running the Windows
>Uninstall software and, again, nothing budges.
>
>The only option I see left is to do a PROGRAM WIPE using Symantic's
>SYSTEM WORKS. But something tells me that this could lead to
>problems since it isn't a true uninstall.
>
>Any suggestions?

Click the uninstall in the Program files/Google Earth
or

Start | Run <type in>
"C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation
Information\{3DE5E7D4-7B88-403C-A3FD-2017A8240C5B}\Setup.exe"
<enter>

(C: drive assumed) it will attempt to install - repair - or uninstall
--
Why not dynamite he mumbles.
http://www.scaryideas.com/print/3257/

thanatoid 08-06-2007 02:54 AM

Re: Can't Uninstall Google Earth

"diggerodell@gmail.com" <diggerodell@gmail.com> wrote in
news:1186366864.018751.15650@i38g2000prf.googlegro ups.com:

> Suffice it say that I got hooked on Google Earth. Two days
> ago, my login gets blocked by a popup saying that I first
> have to download and run their Updater software. The
> Updater then triggers a 4 hour download/install, after
> which, the unsettling pronouncement that it can't do the
> installation until the older version is uninstalled.
>
> There is no uninstall subroutine so I try running the
> Windows Uninstall software and, again, nothing budges.
>
> The only option I see left is to do a PROGRAM WIPE using
> Symantic's SYSTEM WORKS. But something tells me that this
> could lead to problems since it isn't a true uninstall.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks
> Digger

Not to be flippant, but learn from the experience.

Think about Google and their football-field size facilities
storing copies of the web. Think about their copies of EVERY
WORD ever posted in non-binary text groups... Think about East
Germany when wives spied on their husbands and friends on their
friends and the files on everybody stretched for thousands of
miles... Think about factories of Weapons of Mass Destruction in
abandoned rusty trailers... Think about "due process of law"...
Etc.

--
"...for the force that circles the earth most times in a second
is not electricity but pain."

Plato 08-08-2007 12:44 AM

Re: Can't Uninstall Google Earth

diggerodell@gmail.com wrote:

> The only option I see left is to do a PROGRAM WIPE using Symantic's
> SYSTEM WORKS. But something tells me that this could lead to
> problems since it isn't a true uninstall.

No, dont use Symantecs wipe to solve a google problem...

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/