Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   Windows 64bit (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f46-windows-64bit.html)
-   -   Conexant Audio and Modem driver(Vista x64) for Gateway Laptop 7510gx is finally found! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t527041-conexant-audio-and-modem-driver-vista-x64-for-gateway-laptop-7510gx-is-finally-found.html)

canixs 08-04-2007 11:52 PM

Conexant Audio and Modem driver(Vista x64) for Gateway Laptop 7510gx is finally found!
 
All,
I've been using window vista 64bits almost a year now on this particular
laptop and unable to find the audio driver for it. Well Today, I finally
found it on HP website for one of their laptop and it works with this
gateway laptop, but need manual installation and here's how:

1. Download and unzip this file
http://www.canixs.com/vista64/Conexant64.zip which including audio and modem
drivers folders
2. In the Device manager, right click the device to install and choose
pick device driver from the list, scroll through the lists and choose
Multimedia audio device and click on "have disk", then direct it to the
extract folder. It will give you the warning about compatible issue but just
click OK and will install fine, then reboot the system. Do the same thing
for Modem.

That was the only way to get it installed and worked.


canixs 08-05-2007 12:57 PM

Re: Conexant Audio and Modem driver(Vista x64) for Gateway Laptop 7510gx is finally found!
 
I just realized that the sound works fine except it won't work when waking
from sleep mode. I just wonder if there's a way to fix this.

"canixs" <canixs@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:%23yBXnOv1HHA.1124@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> All,
> I've been using window vista 64bits almost a year now on this particular
> laptop and unable to find the audio driver for it. Well Today, I finally
> found it on HP website for one of their laptop and it works with this
> gateway laptop, but need manual installation and here's how:
>
> 1. Download and unzip this file
> http://www.canixs.com/vista64/Conexant64.zip which including audio and
> modem drivers folders
> 2. In the Device manager, right click the device to install and choose
> pick device driver from the list, scroll through the lists and choose
> Multimedia audio device and click on "have disk", then direct it to the
> extract folder. It will give you the warning about compatible issue but
> just click OK and will install fine, then reboot the system. Do the same
> thing for Modem.
>
> That was the only way to get it installed and worked.



John Barnes 08-05-2007 01:04 PM

Re: Conexant Audio and Modem driver(Vista x64) for Gateway Laptop 7510gx is finally found!
 
There are a lot of problems on many computers waking from sleep. Usually
they are the result of the driver not supporting sleep mode and there is no
solution.
You can try other BIOS settings and see if they help.

"canixs" <canixs@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:O%231LAB21HHA.2752@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>I just realized that the sound works fine except it won't work when waking
>from sleep mode. I just wonder if there's a way to fix this.
>
> "canixs" <canixs@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:%23yBXnOv1HHA.1124@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> All,
>> I've been using window vista 64bits almost a year now on this particular
>> laptop and unable to find the audio driver for it. Well Today, I finally
>> found it on HP website for one of their laptop and it works with this
>> gateway laptop, but need manual installation and here's how:
>>
>> 1. Download and unzip this file
>> http://www.canixs.com/vista64/Conexant64.zip which including audio and
>> modem drivers folders
>> 2. In the Device manager, right click the device to install and choose
>> pick device driver from the list, scroll through the lists and choose
>> Multimedia audio device and click on "have disk", then direct it to the
>> extract folder. It will give you the warning about compatible issue but
>> just click OK and will install fine, then reboot the system. Do the same
>> thing for Modem.
>>
>> That was the only way to get it installed and worked.

>



=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?= 08-06-2007 11:08 PM

Re: Conexant Audio and Modem driver(Vista x64) for Gateway Laptop
 
John:
Two upcoming updates of Vista, 938979 & 938194, address sleep resuming
issues.
Maybe those could be a solution for the poster.
These updates are still not official but are widely available on the web.
The first one finally disables all the known tricks for bypassing driver
signing in Vistax64 automatically during boot.
Carlos

"John Barnes" wrote:

> There are a lot of problems on many computers waking from sleep. Usually
> they are the result of the driver not supporting sleep mode and there is no
> solution.
> You can try other BIOS settings and see if they help.
>
> "canixs" <canixs@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:O%231LAB21HHA.2752@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> >I just realized that the sound works fine except it won't work when waking
> >from sleep mode. I just wonder if there's a way to fix this.
> >
> > "canixs" <canixs@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > news:%23yBXnOv1HHA.1124@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> >> All,
> >> I've been using window vista 64bits almost a year now on this particular
> >> laptop and unable to find the audio driver for it. Well Today, I finally
> >> found it on HP website for one of their laptop and it works with this
> >> gateway laptop, but need manual installation and here's how:
> >>
> >> 1. Download and unzip this file
> >> http://www.canixs.com/vista64/Conexant64.zip which including audio and
> >> modem drivers folders
> >> 2. In the Device manager, right click the device to install and choose
> >> pick device driver from the list, scroll through the lists and choose
> >> Multimedia audio device and click on "have disk", then direct it to the
> >> extract folder. It will give you the warning about compatible issue but
> >> just click OK and will install fine, then reboot the system. Do the same
> >> thing for Modem.
> >>
> >> That was the only way to get it installed and worked.

> >

>
>


Willl 06-16-2009 12:10 AM

Re: Conexant Audio and Modem driver(Vista x64) for Gateway Laptop 7510gx is finally found!
 


Just wanted to thank you for the link! I now have sound on my Gateway
7510gx running the release candidate for Windows 7. Still no sound
after wake from sleep unfortunately.


--
Willl
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Willl's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/106125.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-x...ion/795550.htm

http://forums.techarena.in



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.